Fluid combat - where is it?

neocoma

I had high hopes that was a beta only thing but my hopes were shattered by yesterdays and todays play experience. What I mean by fuild combat and that TOR is lacking it is the following thing:

You press a button to fire an ability like smash or whatever. However, you dont see your character immediately acting but stumbling the animation, for example he starts animation, stops it, starts again and then finishing it.

Another thing is ...you mash buttons in warzones and it takes A LOT of time till your actions will actually happen. That sucks and compared to WoW, the gaming experience atm is not really great. I find it highly disturbing when running after a player while being in 4 meter range and my skills wont work at all, they start but wont end and this for about 3-4 times in a row till it finally works.

I wonder what the problem is...cant be lag at all.

You press a button to fire an ability like smash or whatever. However, you dont see your character immediately acting but stumbling the animation, for example he starts animation, stops it, starts again and then finishing it.

Sorry, but I have never had the problem you describe... for me combat is VERY smooth and responsive. In fact if I zoom and pan my camera it is positively cinematic.

Maybe you really do have lag... I can't yhink of anything else.

Sorry for you.

:(

I dont think it has anything to do with lag. Check this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQmhYjkUqOU

80ms and light pop server.

P.S : Ppl will tell you that they dont experience this and stuff. Most of them arenot observant :) I have seen many streams and videos and they all have same issues.

I am perfectly observant. I am not seeing anything like what he is describing

doesnt fraps lag you out?

Nope. Not at all. This is not a new issue. It was there in the last few builds of beta.

Most of the ppl just dont realize that animations are getting bugged. If you play an

inquisitor, for example, you wont have any problems. Happens with some classes.

Mostly with JK and SW.

Edited by Rendekar

Nope. Not at all. This is not a new issue. It was there in the last few builds of beta.

Most of the ppl just dont realize that animations are getting bugged. If you play an

inquisitor, for example, you wont have any problems. Happens with some classes.

Mostly with JK and SW.

Take a look at some of the many videos for those classes that are available on YouTube from the beta. Do you see this same issue in every single one of them? If so, you may be on to something, and we should make sure BW hears about it. If you *don't* see this issue in those videos, then that means it's probably something on your end.

Edited by Kerrs

Take a look at some of the many videos for those classes that are available on YouTube from the beta. Do you see this same issue in every single one of them? If so, you may be on to something, and we should make sure BW hears about it. If you *don't* see this issue in those videos, then that means it's probably something on your end.

Well, the video I posted related to JK/SW bug is in nearly all videos from the last few builds and live. When I have time, I will link some gameplay videos from youtube ( mentioning when exactly these bugs occur). I should also tell you that it's sort of random. It doesnt happen everytime you perform the ability.