The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Least powerful lower level class?

zepfya

Starting to wish i went mercenary, at level 16 i have no dps, no survivability as shield tech spec. Even my juggernaut who people claim is weak at low level is better. This class is by far the most underpowered lower level class i played so far, does it get better at higher level or something, because i cant see what the point of this class is so far?

Post your exact spec, that will help us determine if you're specced "correctly. Also, are you and Mako gear somewhat decently? (hard to do at lvl 16 but its possible). Do you have mako in her healing stance? Make sure she is not on passive.

I have always felt either equal to or better than all of the mobs i fought PVE. Take a step back and try something different, because what you're doing now isnt working.

Happy hunting!

i reached cap on my IA operative in 6 days of playtime

i reached cap on my Sith juggernaut in 5 and a half days of playtime

i reached cap on my PT shield spec bounty hunter in 4 days 3 hours 27 minutes.

So no they are the fastest imo Death from above is gods grace

Edited by BoredOfMMOS

i reached cap on my IA operative in 6 days of playtime

i reached cap on my Sith juggernaut in 5 and a half days of playtime

i reached cap on my PT shield spec bounty hunter in 4 days 3 hours 27 minutes.

So no they are the fastest imo Death from above is gods grace

Are those in order? If so you can cut out an awful lot of playtime with a little bit of experience and a lot of spacebar.

Recently re-rolled Powertech, and am currently 35. The class is a grower (as they should be!) and you need to hit 30 for Jet charge. I was having good WZ's getting 6-8 medals @ lv 18 (a few mvp's too!) the key is to guard and taunt then dps.

Admittedly with no CC early on it is tough, but as a 'tank' dying is what we do so others can complete objectives (encourage people to attack you instead of others etc.)

Once you get your head around the playstyle (support + dps) you can rack up medals while still eating alot of dirt :)

As a class though it does just keep getting better :)

Edited by Vanash

Sorry i forgot to mention this is in pvp.

So, at level 16 you're complaining that you feel weak in pvp, where you consistently fight against level 50's in level 50 pvp gear? Why would you think that you wouldn't feel underpowered? At your level, you don't have Grapple (one of the most amazing utility moves a powertech gets), you can't spec for Jet Charge (also amazing), and you don't have any of the Shield Tech talents that make the spec powerful.

I don't mean to bash you, but it'd be poor design if, at that level, you were rolling over people in pvp. Be patient, gain a few more levels/abilities, and you'll start to notice that scale tipping in a big way. While mercs may do more damage than us at lower levels (and I'm not even sure of that) the utility that we end up with is incredible. In no way is the powertech an underpowered class, in either PVP or PVE.