The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Things I would take over heat blast

Nanostrike

31/11/0 bro.

I switched out Heatblast for Retractable blade in order to be worth a damn in pvp and do not regret it a bit. If I'm having heat trouble I have 2 DoTs on the target while I rapidshot to under 40%. If That's not enough I have vents. Heatblast was just a way to keep under 40% but the damage was pretty much just an extra flameburst, whereas RB is a bit under a flameburst but can be reapplied all the time and keeps a steady stream of 120-180 dmg every 3 seconds.

You'd think losing 8% RP dmg would be a big deal. it's not. My RP hits for about 1300 now when it crits, and 8% of that is about 100 extra damage points. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I make up for that extra crit damage with RB's DoTs lets see... 100 dmg deficit on RP and 200 dmg deficit by switching out heatblast... DoT ticks for lets say 120 every 3 seconds for 15seconds.......

300 dmg vs 570 DoT dmg... yeap, it's a DPS gain, and that's not even factoring in the cooldown differences.

our ion DoT and RB's DoT may not seem like much, but they eat away at the target pretty fast.

8 heat is nothing, if my heat is ever high I vent heat anyway. It's a horrible last talent and needs to be replaced. I dont even have it on my hotbar anymore. It needs to be an AOE with added threat. Make the heat radiate off of you. Pretty much a flame sweep on a cooldown

I think an aoe fire ring by spraying oil and then lighting it with a flame sweep would be cool. Make oil slick lightable. An aoe threat/dps ring that you stand in and light everyone on fire within it, would be nice. A vent heat ability should not be the big bang at the end of the tree. Edited by Throwa-fett

I think an aoe fire ring by spraying oil and then lighting it with a flame sweep would be cool. Make oil slick lightable. An aoe threat/dps ring that you stand in and light everyone on fire within it, would be nice. A vent heat ability should not be the big bang at the end of the tree.

I think this would be sweet. Honestly, MMO's don't have enough ability comboing in them, make stuff synergize better. Spraying oil down AoE and then lighting it on fire? Yes please.

I think the final ability is alright, but nothing special. A tankier ability with more heat dissipation would make more sense, IMO.

8 heat is nothing, if my heat is ever high I vent heat anyway. It's a horrible last talent and needs to be replaced. I dont even have it on my hotbar anymore. It needs to be an AOE with added threat. Make the heat radiate off of you. Pretty much a flame sweep on a cooldown

Retractable Blade is worst tough. By a great margin also. I suposse you also don't have Flame Burst on the bars, because Heat Blast is like a Flame Burst that costs 24 heat less.