Eliminator PvE set bonus awful for AS (suggestion inside)

universal_kalle

2p +15% crit chance with Charged Bolts and Grav Round

4p -1 cost for High Impact Bolt

The first bonus I can kinda get behind. Even though it's the worst ability in the AS arsenal compared to how it's the bread and butter of Gunnery. In fact it is freaken awesome for Gunnery! Problem with it is that it also pigeonholes AS into going at least 6 points into Gunnery for the reduced cost (otherwise it's insanely expensive) and thus giving up useful skills in Combat Medic (I like to run with 2/2 Quick Thinking for the emergency off-healing).

The second bonus though is just insanely stupid and utterly worthless. As a AS HIB is in about 80% of the cases a free shot and regenerates ammo. For Gunnery though this bonus removes the cost of HIB completely making it rather nifty but somewhat pointless as Gunnery already have very very good ammo regeneration (especially so with the 2p bonus).

Suggestion? For the 2p bonus I wouldn't mind a increased chance of Plasma Cell to proc or damage along with the current bonus. This will in no way affect Gunnery's damage. That should more than make up for it. However with my suggested alteration of the 4p bonus AS would probably end up slightly on top so this might have to stay as is.

For the 4p bonus to work, as I think BW intends, it needs to restore 1 ammo when used. For Gunnery HIB will still require 1 ammo to cast but it will restore that making it a teeny weeny nerf (losing 1 ammo might make 'em dip into a slower restoration rate for a wee bit). BUT it will now be useful to AS as well.

As a final note. Keep in mind that the 2p also increases the ammo efficiency of Gunnery (they regen ammo from critical hits with Full Auto and rounds). So in the end the increased Plasma Cell proc rate or damage along with 1 ammo restoration on HIB might actually be very well balanced.

Edited by universal_kalle

Gunnery get Grav Round as a replacement for Charged Bolts (some people say CB does more damage though and should remain in your rotation, I can't comment on that and it is besides the point of this thread).

There are four sets:

Eliminator - Commando DPS

Combat Medic - Commando Healer

Supercommando - Vanguard Tank

Combat Tech - Vanguard DPS

Names should be the same for the PvP sets but don't quote me on that as it's 04:44 in the morning/night/whatever ;)

If you touch my Eliminator set bonuses, I will murder you >:|

Honestly, I think Gunnery flat out dominates AS for PvE dps and they're trying to push you towards that for raiding. It looks like that too with the PvP favouring AS (15% on HIB) since you get many more procs of HIB and it's your go to ability for good damage.

Sure it lowers versatility, but I'd like to see the glaring issues with mortar volley, full auto and many such other issues fixed before they start working on set bonuses.

Edited by LordKivlov

If you touch my Eliminator set bonuses, I will murder you >:|

Honestly, I think Gunnery flat out dominates AS for PvE dps and they're trying to push you towards that for raiding. It looks like that too with the PvP favouring AS (15% on HIB) since you get many more procs of HIB and it's your go to ability for good damage.

Sure it lowers versatility, but I'd like to see the glaring issues with mortar volley, full auto and many such other issues fixed before they start working on set bonuses.

True, it does seem like this. But if this is how they want it they MUST give us an ability to have two specs. But I think pigeonholing players into one spec is just bad design and I'd rather not see it.

I too think the PvP set favours Assault. But Gunnery still gets a lot of mileage from the 4p bonus. HIB does a ton of damage for 'em especially charged up through Grav Rounds. In the end the 4p PvP set bonus isn't useless for Gunnery. That is the case with the PvE set and Assault.

Edited by universal_kalle