Is the PvP gear grind as bad as it seems?

Bregah

No one, I repeat, NO ONE, would be complaining if Champion pieces required VALOR LEVEL 50 to wear.

I'm 54 and I feel disgusted when I inspect the Marauder next to me who's Valor 32 with 5/5 Champ, Champ MH/OH, Cent/Champ implants/ear/relics.

They did not "earn" those items. I'm tired of people just questing to 50 jumping in a couple warzones and derping their way to a set better than what little champ pieces I have and the crappy Cent I've been able to grind out.

And yes if you are a "true pvp'er" you do it for fun not for gear, but you know what? It's an MMO, the gear makes a big difference in fights, and when you keep losing because some other scrub got lucky and got more gear then you, it stops being fun.

Second that.

Just short of battle master and damn it's been a LOT of grinding.

Dinged 50 at 4 days near on the dot. I'm at 8 days 15 hours... some dickin' around but mostly grinding warzonees with little to no breaks for sleep. o.o

Edit:

AND I"M MISSING 7 CHAMPION PIECES STILL - 76 bags and counting.

Edited by Phyrexianist

1-) Champion gear bags have a chance to drop champion gear tokens

2-) champion gear bags have a high chance to drop centurion gear commedations

3-) you get 1 champion gear bag everyday from dailly pvp quest

4-) you get 1 champion gear bag everyday from dailly ilum pvp quest

5-) you get 2 more champion gear bag every week from repeatable weekly pvp quest

6-) you get 2 more champion gear bag every week from repeatable weekly ilum pvp quest

1x7=7 bags from dailly pvp

1x7=7 bags from dailly ilum pvp

2x1=2 bags from weekly pvp

2x1=2 bags from weekly ilum pvp

You can get 18 bags just doing daillies in a week.Lets say there is %20 chance to drop a champion token.Almost 3-4 champion gear drops in a week and centurion commedations.

1-) Champion gear bags have a chance to drop champion gear tokens

2-) champion gear bags have a high chance to drop centurion gear commedations

3-) you get 1 champion gear bag everyday from dailly pvp quest

4-) you get 1 champion gear bag everyday from dailly ilum pvp quest

5-) you get 2 more champion gear bag every week from repeatable weekly pvp quest

6-) you get 2 more champion gear bag every week from repeatable weekly ilum pvp quest

1x7=7 bags from dailly pvp

1x7=7 bags from dailly ilum pvp

2x1=2 bags from weekly pvp

2x1=2 bags from weekly ilum pvp

You can get 18 bags just doing daillies in a week.Lets say there is %20 chance to drop a champion token.Almost 3-4 champion gear drops in a week and centurion commedations.

Cute, now factor in the fact that those drops you're likely to get are also likely to be duplicates. :rolleyes:

All that needs to happen is Champion Gear require Level 50 Valor to wear. People are just frustrated to see those who they know have not put the time in get rewarded for it. Grinding to 50 is pretty fast too if you actually PvP regularly.

Exactly I cant see the resaon why someone who did few pvp warzones for few bags already having half of the gears, instead of someone who actually has been there from his lvl 10 and suffer all the looses and premades for getting some of the gear. And being Centurion before lvl 50 already, having less gear then someone that is not even having the Skirmisher title.

Is just beond me.

You can max all your tokens and stuff. One can get 1 bag at 50 and get already 1 token for gear, you could be pvping from lvl 10 and not getting anything after 50 bags, if your unlucky.

Regards

Edited by Xiaaa

first off, average 60 comendations a game, less if your a healer.

im rank 42 and have all champion gear but chest and helm, which i use 1 pve and 1 centurion to replace. PvP is fun currently as i feels like (at 50) your a big dog and charging into a group of lower lvl players is satisfying, or having the lower lvl ppl duke out around you while you have a mini-duel with another 50. But thats it, the mindless grind is starting to make me log off. I keep reading those i quit forums (as annoying as they are) and find my self agreeing and wanted to unsub as well.

Im not basing this on expectations or hype, just experience, but this game is rather disappointing. It seems the dev's talked and talked about how great pvp was, showing it off, having videos ( the "who will win" ones). So many people on my server have apperently quit, with que times at luanch being 20 min now there is never one. People just arent impressed with a game that is supposed to compete with WoW (or rather, the WoW when it launched according to fanboys, yay a 2011 game is the same lvl as a 2004 game!)

just look at what expertise does. someone mostly decked out in expertise gear is basically untouchable by a level 50 w/o pvp gear, let alone lowbies.

to OP, i don't see the point in grinding warzones when the time/bag payoff is so shoddy compared to just doing the dailies, unless you're obsessed with getting geared right away (good luck with the lottery system)

It is 20% damage difference when the other guy is fully expertised and you are not. I am currently at 5% expertise so I would still be at a 10% disadvantage vs a fully geared 50 and I still kill most ppl in the fights I got, at times not only 1on1 but 1onx. Yes, expertise is an advantage but it is not so big as some of you wanna make it out to be. Expertise will never be a replacement for playing well. It will help people who make mistakes to take 1-2 hits more than normal, but they are not in untouchable godmode like some ppl make it sound...

It also comes down to planning. People who pay attn are able to have 14 bags opened the first day they hit 50. To only have 3 bags just means you dont understand how to obtain them and can not be upset with not having gear. The people claiming they have opened 40-50 bags and only got 1 item I call total bs. This is the easiest high end pvp gear to get in any MMO in the last 5 years. Edited by Dignam

Game update 1.1 just ruined any grind chance , it takes 3 hours to complete a daily with 1 pack of champ gear with a even lower rate.

and when your 50 you can only fight lvl 50's in warzones so they killed any hope of any new armor through centurion through battlemaster.

And if your on a server with a guild fighting a imp decked out guild you wont get armor for months

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't u b better of saving the comms that you will spend on level 20&40 gear for level 50 gear?

Is there a change that only allows a player to earn level 50 gear after reaching level 50?

There is a 1k cap on comms, its easy to get to it a few times even when converting wz to merc while leveling. At the same time level 1-49 cannot have more than 1 bag and cannot open a bag, been like this since day 1.

Edited by shadowAI

Right now i feel very angry. All i have gotten is 2 unassambled main hand weapons from 25 BAGS. And i see some guy who has been lvl 50 for 2-3 days already has his centurion/champion gear. Its enraging because some people put so much effort in and get nothing but some people put a little in and get all that stuff. I agree it should be made for lvl 50 valor only. 40 for CENTURION GEAR.

Why is this a problem? It sends the message to some people they get gear handed to them and we spend WEEKS just to get a single peice. I bet at my pace by the time i get a full champion set thoes lucky noobs will have there battlemaster set by then.:mad: