Tanno Vik's primary stat is ...aim?

Galiven

According to the Codex, and all of the missions rewards that are specific to Vik, Aim is his primary attribute. ***? He's a melee tank, why would he use aim? Is this a mistake held over from beta (like Elara starting with cunning stats on her starting gear)? Am I missing something?

Edit: apparently the acronym double-yew-tee-eff is filtered? lol

Edited by Galiven

According to the Codex, and all of the missions rewards that are specific to Vik, Aim is his primary attribute. ***? He's a melee tank, why would he use aim? Is this a mistake held over from beta (like Elara starting with cunning stats on her starting gear)? Am I missing something?

Edit: apparently the acronym double-yew-tee-eff is filtered? lol

Knight melee is based on STR

Scoundrel melee is based on CUN

Shadow melee is based on WP

Trooper melee is based on AIM

Edited by Syas

Because he is in Havoc Squad and wears trooper armour.

Don't whine about it when it makes it easy to gear him up.

Not whining about it. Genuinely asking a question so I know how to properly gear him up. It was my (apparently mistaken) understanding that melee combat was based on different stats. I didn't know they had adjusted it based on class. Now that I do, I will happily supply him with Aim gear. :)

Yeah, troopers are the easiest to gear up your squad...they all get your hand-me-downs, lol.

I thought the same thing at first, when dealing with Qyzen Fess on the Consular, but strength increases only melee damage, while aim actually increases melee and ranged damage, provides crit bonuses for damage and does some other good thing for them.

Aim away!

I had alot of troubles finding a weapon for him. I found that weapon crafter's do have a tech blade that is aim/endurance, I just wish there was a mod'able tech blade and hilts with aim/endurance on them. Between him and youn, the weapons are near impossible to find.