Level 50 Hybrids? (for heals)

seabromd

My apologies if this is answered well elsehwere. I've read the guides, and none seem to focus on hybrids from a heals perspective except in PvP.

Is it possible to heal moderate content (FP and Hardmodes) as some kind of a hybrid, like is recommended in heal hybrid PvP models? I'm not a person committed enough to do Operations, but I would like some basically decent PvE gear as part of endgame content.

That said, we don't have dual specs yet... so I can't do a PvP focused and then a PvE focused.

So... there it is... what's people's experience?

Flashpoints, yes, if you're careful. Hardmode flashpoints are even more difficult, but still feasible...technically. Operations, no way in hell. Basically, you'll possess the vast majority of the raw healing output of a full heal spec, but you'll seriously lack for longevity without Force Surge. Hardmode fights will tax you enough that you'll need to be somewhat frugal with your force to make it. Operations will destroy you. Regular flashpoints shouldn't be an issue so long as you don't have dps (or tanks!) standing in bad stuff, failing to interrupt/run out/pop CDs, etc. Edited by Paralassa
content

well, iam 13-12-16 specced.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_inquisitor/sorcerer/#::ef2ef7edefe2f4e2fe2f2efef2cf6df3efef3e6f:

I loose about single target dps 6-12% dps from the 13 points in the heal tree but gain an instant heal and the ability to heal for a short time nearly as good as a full specced healer ( at a single target).

But there is no chance you can solo heal heroics with a hybrid spec right now because you will run out of power fast ans you lack a groupheal.

But IF there is an additional healer in the group or operation its (for me) the best spec available right now, pve AND pvp.

Flashpoints, yes, if you're careful. Hardmode flashpoints are even more difficult, but still feasible...technically. Operations, no way in hell. Basically, you'll possess the vast majority of the raw healing output of a full heal spec, but you'll seriously lack for longevity without Force Surge. Hardmode fights will tax you enough that you'll need to be somewhat frugal with your force to make it. Operations will destroy you. Regular flashpoints shouldn't be an issue so long as you don't have dps (or tanks!) standing in bad stuff, failing to interrupt/run out/pop CDs, etc.

I am spec'd 21 Corruption, 2 Lightning, and 18 Madness. I have healed all the flashpoints on hardmode except for Foundry (end boss has bugged 90k dmg a tick lightning). I have also done all the operations on normal. Going from 31 to 21 in Corruption gives up 6% bonus heals, 2% crit, Force Surge, and a bugged AoE heal.

Revivication is really handy for two of the fights in Operations, but you can do without, spamming shields instead to help soak AoE damage. Even on Soa, you have more than enough time to heal up your group with Innervate/Dark Infusions before you the platforms will drop.

Is force management harder without Force Surge? Of course, but it is far from impossible. I usually use two Consumptions back to back, followed by an Innervate on myself. In EV, I pretty much sustain a constant stream of either healing or Force Lightning, depending on what needs to be done. Good force management is mainly about avoid Dark Infusion as much as possible, and instead using Resurgence / Innervate on cooldown, as well as Static Barrier.

The really nice thing about having 18 in Madness is that my Force Lightning regens 26 Force (I have the 4 piece pve force mystic) over each channel, making it only cost 4 force for 3k+ damage. Not only does this make bosses die before enrages, it also really helps for burning down Mind Traps, adds, etc.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

I'm sure Kalak is right. Only if you have a group of great players though. I have never done a hm flashpt and I'm only level 45. But I'm confident in saying using that hybrid spec to heal will be extremely difficult unless you are playing with people who are pro and know w.t.f is up when doing the harder HM fps. Edited by Hairyzac

I'm sure Kalak is right. Only if you have a group of great players though. I have never done a hm flashpt and I'm only level 45. But I'm confident in saying using that hybrid spec to heal will be extremely difficult unless you are playing with people who are pro and know w.t.f is up when doing the harder HM fps.

With respect, my build actually works out BETTER with incompetent groups since I can meaningfully help to beat the enrage timer, which is what usually wipes bad groups in HMs. I disagree with healing being "extremely difficult" with this build, because the only single target output you're missing is 6% healing and 2% crit.

The only times I've ever felt my healing was not enough was in circumstances where no amount of healing will help, such as HK in HM Foundry not having his locks broken and then one-shotting everyone, or letting two ticks of Revan's force lightning tick on a tank, which is approximately 40,000 damage in 1.2 seconds.

The majority of covering mistakes in HM flashpoints is a matter of either using Extricate to pull a ******* out of the fire, using Jolt to stop a "HERE COMES THE DAMAGE" ability, or DPSing down the boss before enrage. Also, having 18 in Madness gives an instant cast Whirlwind, which is very useful on boss fights with adds. Have it instant cast means you can manage to CC them before they get to melee range with the tank, which puts them at risk of AoE.

As far as force management goes, each stack of Consumption is -20 force regen over 10 seconds. So with two casts, you gain 96, but lose 40 less regen over 10 seconds. You cast a Resurgence on yourself to heal up, and you are at 26 additional force. Absolutely worth casting in longer fights to keep your resources up.

Would you mind detailing your 21/2/18 build, Kal? Just curious about which skills you took over others, and why (for example, Empty Body vs Haunting Presence; how you filled Tier 2 in Madness; etc.).

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GGMRbd0zZbZsr0RsMz.1 is my build.

I took both Empty Body and Haunting Presence, as I felt the other low tier Corruption talents weren't worth taking. Tier 2 Madness I went with the 50s stun / and two additional normals on Whirlwind, as it's very useful in HM Flashpoints. One in Sith Defiance because I don't like Chain Shock or Parasitism.

Interesting. I was considering a similar build, but couldn't make up my mind on the last few point allocations. For example, as the main healer, wouldn't it be better to take the points out of Haunted Dreams and Wrath, and put them into Induction? A 9% reduction in the cost of force abilities is pretty big, especially without Force Surge. Also, as there really aren't any standard mobs of consequence, is Oppressing Force really worth it?

Interesting. I was considering a similar build, but couldn't make up my mind on the last few point allocations. For example, as the main healer, wouldn't it be better to take the points out of Haunted Dreams and Wrath, and put them into Induction? A 9% reduction in the cost of force abilities is pretty big, especially without Force Surge. Also, as there really aren't any standard mobs of consequence, is Oppressing Force really worth it?

You could absolutely drop the extra burst/CC for more efficiency, but I personally haven't really seen the need to yet. The one thing I really like about having Haunted Dreams / Oppressing Force is that I pug a lot, and most of my tanks are both undergeared and not good with adds.

I can burn down regular 5k hp adds quite quickly, but with a squishy tank that is often dangerous to do as they tend to need a constant stream of heals at the start of a pull. I like being able to instantly CC 1 elite and 2 normals, which helps reduce damage incoming by quite a lot. The normals in some hard modes can crit for 2k at speed, which adds up if you are dealing with an undergeared group, as I often am.

But it is all personal preference. I think the only bits of this build that aren't up for negotiation is 21 in Corruption for Innervate as well as 14 into Madness for Madness and Sith Efficacy.

With respect, my build actually works out BETTER with incompetent groups since I can meaningfully help to beat the enrage timer, which is what usually wipes bad groups in HMs. I disagree with healing being "extremely difficult" with this build, because the only single target output you're missing is 6% healing and 2% crit.

The only times I've ever felt my healing was not enough was in circumstances where no amount of healing will help, such as HK in HM Foundry not having his locks broken and then one-shotting everyone, or letting two ticks of Revan's force lightning tick on a tank, which is approximately 40,000 damage in 1.2 seconds.

The majority of covering mistakes in HM flashpoints is a matter of either using Extricate to pull a ******* out of the fire, using Jolt to stop a "HERE COMES THE DAMAGE" ability, or DPSing down the boss before enrage. Also, having 18 in Madness gives an instant cast Whirlwind, which is very useful on boss fights with adds. Have it instant cast means you can manage to CC them before they get to melee range with the tank, which puts them at risk of AoE.

As far as force management goes, each stack of Consumption is -20 force regen over 10 seconds. So with two casts, you gain 96, but lose 40 less regen over 10 seconds. You cast a Resurgence on yourself to heal up, and you are at 26 additional force. Absolutely worth casting in longer fights to keep your resources up.

While you are dps'ing to help beat the enrage, those dumb dps are taking damage they shouldn't be and the tank is taking damage, and you whipe. I agree with everything else you say I guess, but I will agree to disagree with you about bad players making a hybrid heal spec even more potent.

You also miss key talents in the first tier of the lightning tree as well as the barrier talent in the 2nd tier.

Edited by Hairyzac

While you are dps'ing to help beat the enrage, those dumb dps are taking damage they shouldn't be and the tank is taking damage, and you whipe. I agree with everything else you say I guess, but I will agree to disagree with you about bad players making a hybrid heal spec even more potent.

You also miss key talents in the first tier of the lightning tree as well as the barrier talent in the 2nd tier.

While I appreciate your feedback, you by your own admission aren't 50, haven't run hardmode flashpoints, and haven't any experience with how this build plays in these circumstances. Force Lightning is a filler spell in this build while no one needs urgent healing. I've never prioritized damage over healing, other than a boss enraging at 2%.

As far as Electric Induction, it's a great talent, but one I found I haven't needed. At lower levels of gear, you might need it. I am at 1717 Willpower in my PvE gear, and really haven't had issues. I used this spec while gearing up as well, so I don't think you actually NEED it if you are comfortable with your force management.

you don't have to be 50 to know that inept players are a hinderance not an advantage. is all i'm saying. your spec can't do better with inept players. that makes no sense. this is all im trying to say.

sounds like a great spec for me for pvp. i will have to give it a go.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.