The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Buggy Harpoon for PVP

Kjinn

i dont know if this has been mentioned yet but im wondering if u guys get the harpoon bug while in pvp...it feels like to me that it only works like 30% of the time and the rest its either rubberbanding other players and they end up where they were when i harpooned them or i fire it and it doesnt even bother to pull them. Just sucks to have one of my few cc abilities just flat out not working most of the time in pvp.( especially in huttball:mad:

If it is really buggy for everyone as it is for me then it honestly needs to be on the top of bug fixes that bioware need to patch

If someone else uses another movement leap or effect, and then you harpoon them, I find the game takes a few second to properly catch up and display them next to me where they should be. Also if someone else roots them (with something like the cyro grenade.) This causes the person being harpooned to warp between these few spots on my screen, until the cyro grenade effect is gone.

I have used it on people who were not in combat recently, with nothing else going on, and it still doesnt work. Its about a 50/50 gamble of it working, and it has nothing to do with resolve.

If its due to the pathing no longer being valid, then it shouldnt use the cooldown on this kind of failure.

I have used it on people who were not in combat recently, with nothing else going on, and it still doesnt work. Its about a 50/50 gamble of it working, and it has nothing to do with resolve.

If its due to the pathing no longer being valid, then it shouldnt use the cooldown on this kind of failure.

This too, I get so frustrated when harpoon fails when they bonk their head on a beam or something, and they fall to the ground just a few meters from where you grabbed them. I agree if this kind of "goof" happens, the cooldown & ammo should be returned. Better yet, this ability should not depend on such a huge open area around them to be open to work well. If I can use my regular HOB on the target, harpoon should work too....

The rubberbanding is annoying, but often harpoon will fail because of lag or because the projectile didn't hit.

I see this often when I'm standing in the pit in huttball, trying to harpoon a ball carrier down. When you fire harpoon and the target walks a bit further out of LoS, harpoon will fail. Lag and the above mentioned rubberbanding make this much worse.