Resist Smash?

Foxcolt

Just curious..

Last night I was in a match of voidstar and came across a consular. Unleashed a full stacked smash + relic on him and I distinctly remember seeing "Resist" instead of the normal damage amount I'm used to seeing. His lifebar didn't go down either.

Has anyone come across this before? This was the first time I've seen anything like this.

Edited by Foxcolt

Just curious..

Last night I was in a match of voidstar and came across a consular. Unleashed a full stacked rage + relic on him and I distinctly remember seeing "Resist" instead of the normal damage amount I'm used to seeing. His lifebar didn't go down either.

Has anyone come across this before? This was the first time I've seen anything like this.

Are you hit capped?

I was it a sage? The tank spec shadows probably have some avoidance. I think it will just say "resist" for any miss with force attacks

I'm pretty sure it was a sage since I remember seeing one regular lightsaber on it.

So yeah in that case I'll just chalk it up to that 1% miss then :| First time I've seen that in PVP.

1. Smash is a Force attacks. Force attacks do not get dodged or parried. Smash has a base 100% accuracy.

2. Assassins have a temp buff that gives them a high (100%?) chance to resist (WHEN THEY GLOW). Not sure if Sorc/Sages get the same ability, but I don't believe so.

Beyond that you may have hit some very screwy RNG to get a resist on Smash. But, resist is the correct avoidance category for Smash.

A force attack can probably miss if you are debuffed with a 5% miss debuff and have less than 5% accuracy. I wonder if it shows up as a miss or resist.

But, it's exceedingly unlikely, heh.

Also people have an innate defense rating? Ill have to check my character sheet when I get home (I havent looked at tank stats tab to closely to see what they can help against)