Centering (Patched?)

SarimRune

I'm doing the Watchman spec and had gotten all the Centering upgrades.

After the most recent Patch, I noticed that my Centering is going through the roof. I can get Zen off almost 1/battle whereas before it might have been once very two battles.

Did anybody else notice this?

I'm Watchman as well but building centering seems no different to me after the patch.

Note that how fast you build centering is greatly affected by proper play. If you end Zen with a full focus bar and Zealous Strike nearly off cooldown, you can pump out a huge string of high damage focus attacks in succcession and build up 30 centering about 10 seconds after a Zen, this creates a very satisfying cycle of constant high damage.

I think a lot of sentinels aren't optimizing for the centering mechanic and end up wasting focus attacks during a Zen (you build no centering during Zen/Transcendence so each focus attack during that time is a loss of 4 Zen) and end their Zen with nearly 0 focus. Ending Zen with 0 focus is really bad, you have to use a lot of weak focus building attacks before you can build centering again with focus spenders, leading to long lulls of low damage.

It's possible you were unknowingly hitting the optimal rotation after patch, if you were already doing this stuff then maybe there was a difference I just haven't noticed.

Edited by DanChart