GUIDE: Assassin Medal Farming.

Wolfesscythe

I hit level 50 around December the 27th on my Assassin, and I've been PvPing ever since.

The point of this guide is to get the most effectiveness out of your assassin with tips and tricks, granting you the largest number of medals in each Warzone that you can possibly get.

If played like a pro, this guide will get you at least 8 medals in any full length warzone, and up for 10-14 for incredible games.

Achievable Medals

Medic – 2.5k healing from a single heal (Requires Medpack)

Demolisher – 2.5k damage from a single attack

Trauma Surgeon – 5k healing from a single heal (Requires Biochem Epic Medpack)

Anihilator –5K damage from a single attack (Requires Biochem Surge Adrenal)

Quick Draw – Getting a killing blow on one player

Combatant – Dealing 75k damage

Defender – Earning 1k Defender Points

Warden –Earning 3k Defender Points

Assassin – Killing a player in a one-on-one fight

Shield – 5k Protection

Protector –50K Protection

Guardian – 2k Protection since last death

Paladin – 10k Protection since last death

Commando – Killing 10 enemy players

Soldier – Killing 25 enemy players

(Note: I only posted the medals that are achievable. I haven't come close to the 300k damage medal, so I'm not sure it's possible at all for this class.)

Talent Build

A lot of people will suggest going Darkness tank builds. I've created a few that I liked myself. Though there is a ton of utility there, you typically don't gain enough survivability to counteract the damage loss of choosing a tank build.

As a player who's spend upwards of 600k on talent resets to find the ultimate spec, I've got one that I just love and works great for both PvP and PVE.

2/31/8

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#2000MZhGbRkhMrtzZf0c.1

You can adjust it as you see fit, but I wouldn't recommend changing much. Gives you a moderate amount of survivability, and a generous portion of single-target damage.

The Playstyle: The biggest thing to remember with PvP as any spec of assassin, you should ALWAYS use Dark Charge.

Protection: In Medal Farming, finding players around you taking a ton of damage and throwing Guard up on them is just as important as attacking other players. I'm constantly throwing guard on whomever is near me and taking damage. Under the right circumstances, you'll gain your 2k, 5k, and 10k medals from guarding someone in a single skirmish. Most useful in huttball. Just remember that you need to be within 15M in order to take damage away from the guarded player. Also, remember to use your taunts to help negate even more player damage.

Damage: I highly suggest avoiding maul, at least until it's fixed. The most effective damage output is Voltaic Slash X2, then Shock. Rinse and repeat. Popping recklessness, the Biochem Surge Adrenal, and any Surge or Power Relics, it's quite possible for your Shock to hit 5k+ on a target. Do not forget that your Slow DOES do damage. Not a lot, but for 15 force, a 500+ damage hit is pretty useful, in addition to the slow.

Healing: You'll need biochem to gain the healing medals. Atleast the 5k one. Best way to do this is to take about half your health in damage, run away, wait for the trauma debuff to drop, then pop your medpack. Much easier to use this in Huttball, just run over a fire, drop to half health, then use it. Since Trauma is caused by PvP combat, and not just damage in warzones.

The Defender medals are given in Alderaan and Huttball the easiest. Just defend a node, or attack the ball carrier. I'm not sure if you can gain defender medals in Voidstar, I rarely play it.

If you have any input, feel free to post. Hope you folks find this useful.

Medals are too simple to get I get all of those ever match except maybe 3 of them. Im a shadow spec'd infiltration 0/33/8.

The 3 that are by far the hardest.

5k damage. Dont have my epic surge yet.

5k heal. Only usually do 3-4k with epic medpac probably because trauma is still on me.

50k protect - esp as a shadow, not easy at all to get.

With that said I usually get 10-12 medals even on losses.

With guarding someone ALWAYS try and guard a healer or scoundrel/gunslinger. They will not take the crazy burst damage melee characters will. Remember you take 50 percent of their damage.

I don't know about you but I get the 300k medal from time to time especially in longer games.

Also, you say to always use Dark Charge which is the equivalent of Combat tech(I play as a Shadow) and that's just wrong. I would suggest that you use the tech/charge that goes along with your spec and always use stealth before you pounce on someone. Survivability is not really an issue as I find in group fights people tend to focus more on casters than melee.

I don't know about you but I get the 300k medal from time to time especially in longer games.

Also, you say to always use Dark Charge which is the equivalent of Combat tech(I play as a Shadow) and that's just wrong. I would suggest that you use the tech/charge that goes along with your spec and always use stealth before you pounce on someone. Survivability is not really an issue as I find in group fights people tend to focus more on casters than melee.

I'm focused every time I come out of stealth. It could be situational, but you're only trading a 500ish damage chance on hit for 150% armor. That's a pretty good trade off.

Survivability is a huge issue, I don't know what you're talking about.

OP's advice is just terrible.

No use of your breach, wrong battle form (you aren't a tank, get out of tank form), you taunt for protection medals as deception, etc etc.

Show me someone who gets 100k+ Protection from taunts, and perhaps I'll take your statement seriously.

How on earth does maul need a fix ?

Not the first time i read this here...

Just dont open with it and use it only when its proc is on and it's all good... In other words use it properly.

etc...

My only problem with maul is the server-induced, "not facing target" or "criteria not met." It also seems that the damage must wait for the animation, so if you spam your maul keybind, it often doesn't work.

My only problem with maul is the server-induced, "not facing target" or "criteria not met." It also seems that the damage must wait for the animation, so if you spam your maul keybind, it often doesn't work.

Precisely.

I'm a key spammer. The hesitation from spamming it makes it virtually useless. Assassinate's the same way.

Edited by Wolfesscythe

Medals are too simple to get I get all of those ever match except maybe 3 of them. Im a shadow spec'd infiltration 0/33/8.

The 3 that are by far the hardest.

5k damage. Dont have my epic surge yet.

5k heal. Only usually do 3-4k with epic medpac probably because trauma is still on me.

50k protect - esp as a shadow, not easy at all to get.

With that said I usually get 10-12 medals even on losses.

With guarding someone ALWAYS try and guard a healer or scoundrel/gunslinger. They will not take the crazy burst damage melee characters will. Remember you take 50 percent of their damage.

The 50k protection is vastly easier in huttball, than either of the others, because you know exactly who is going to be focused at any time. Voidstar and civil war i tend ot just leave guard up on the healer and try and keep everyone off him as much as possible, so my numbers are lower.

I've been doing pvp as a pure darkness build 31/0/10, but plan to switch to a darkness/madness hybrid once i scrape the credits together. Force pull and dark ward are just too awesome to give up.

Please don't make the surge adrenal unless you have next to 0 surge without it, surge has a pretty low cap so you're wasting a ton of surge rating and would get more damage from the power adrenal.

Surge caps at around 99%. Assassin base crit damage bonus is 50%. The adrenal gives you around 20%.

Though I'm not deception specced, I hit 110k protection in a hutball with probably 75% going towards taunts. (AoE taunt doesn't break stealth. <3)

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh goddamn it

I've been doing pvp as a pure darkness build 31/0/10, but plan to switch to a darkness/madness hybrid once i scrape the credits together. Force pull and dark ward are just too awesome to give up.

I agree completely. I miss force pull, but the damage makes up for it. And that I'm able to go from PvP to DPSing a hard mode with no spec swap.

Though I'm not deception specced, I hit 110k protection in a hutball with probably 75% going towards taunts. (AoE taunt doesn't break stealth. <3)

I feel its wrong to do, but yeah it works and I do it from time to time. -=]

The biggest issues is having to remove guard before reapplying it. in the middle of a large fight, clicking that small little buff icon can take forever.

Edited by Jontar

Staying in Dark Charge as a DPS spec is good for medal farming. It's not good for playing your class to its fullest.

You end up being a mediocre DPS that dies a lot from trying to guard people as a non-tank spec.

Not true at all.

All in all, the tanking tree doesn't offer THAT much mitigation. At least, not in an efficient PvP spec.

Choosing Dark Charge over Surging Charge is gaining 150% armor at the cost of a 500ish damage proc, and your Discharge does less single target, though the AoE makes up for it.

300k is achievable. It's not as easy as say a madness spec sorc who can dot everything, but it's doable. The hardest for deception are the 10k guard in one life. 50k isn't even really possible as dps. I get 10-12 per game as deception and around the same as Darkness.

And the surge adrenal is a bad idea imo. A little surge goes a long way, the power one is much more efficient with your other cds.

It's very very easy to get at least 10 medals every game as a 50 deception assassin. Aoe taunt, single tar taunt, med pack 2.5k heal, killing blow, 2.5k hit can all be done in the first 2 mins of the match.

Edited by Nocorras