Save a Marauder help

Ghosthawks

so i have a level 19 marauder and so far meh my probs are i feel like my damage is not great and the synergy of moves is not that great i also have a level 20 assassin who flows very well i kinda wanna play the marauder but i can't justify it when my assassin just flows help

Among the starting Talents I think Annihilation Shines the most from the damage of Deadly Saber. Wait until 20 before you consider changing classes. However if you don't like the flow of Marauder I suggest changing classes. Play what you enjoy, I rolled a sorc I hated the Animation Delay and I deleted her.

... However if you don't like the flow of Marauder I suggest changing classes. Play what you enjoy, I rolled a sorc I hated the Animation Delay and I deleted her.

I agree. my maurader is cruising along quite nicely, but I found a flow for him. On the flip side...I can't get myself to play the agent (even though i love the storyline). how a class works is a big part of overall enjoyment. put him to the side and use for crafting or GM browsing. perhaps he will feel better if you come back to him later.

The SW / JK class just has a steep learning curve. I wanted to play Mara but tried it in beta and thought " Gosh this class needs fixing ". Rolled a SI: Assassin when the game was released but because of insane server queues I also played a JK character on another server. I diched the Assassin and i'm now playing a Mara. Those hours (/days) with the JK was well spent because the Mara seems like a beast when you know how-to-play-it.

im 19 now what level does it start to become fun

If it isn't fun for you yet I don't think this is the class for you. I remember I had a lot of fun during the early levels rolling mobs with my Annihilation spec, the HP gained from Berserk really made me go running and raging into mobs. I remember running into my death and giggling because it was so much fun.

Id have to agree that if you're truly struggling to find the class fun than it may not be for you try it out for a few more levels and check out the guide stickied at the top of the Marauder forums this class has a steep learning curve, Ive just hit 40 on my marauder and have been carnage the whole way and Loved every second of it, once you find a nice flow to whatever spec you enjoy the class becomes so much fun.

also, I LOVE massacre that animation is awesome.

Edited by Ecrulis

If it isn't fun for you yet I don't think this is the class for you. I remember I had a lot of fun during the early levels rolling mobs with my Annihilation spec, the HP gained from Berserk really made me go running and raging into mobs. I remember running into my death and giggling because it was so much fun.

lmao ive done this so many times on my guy, though in carnage spec, every time i tell myself I should watch my health more carefully and it just happens again XD

im 19 now what level does it start to become fun

Mine is only 14...I've been enjoying it since I picked up 2 sabers.

Seriously...there's not a huge difference in the attacks available at 30 then at 15. maybe one more...but it doesn't change much. most classes in this game don't. The core skills you have at 10 are still very much the skills you use at 30 and 40, with a few tweaks. I just dont want you to suffer a class your not enjoying for 20-30 levels only to find out it's not getting any better for you.

It may not be your class...which is OK. The idea of the agent/smuggler appeals to me, but I simply cannot get into the class. no biggie...I have 3 other classes to play with, and im sure eventually my agents will level up as my other classes get capped.

However, perhaps someone can suggest a rotation to use on mobs, see if your rotation is off, or perhaps your using a skill ineffectively. mines only 14 :) so im not the best example.

Edited by Elyx

so i have a level 19 marauder and so far meh my probs are i feel like my damage is not great and the synergy of moves is not that great i also have a level 20 assassin who flows very well i kinda wanna play the marauder but i can't justify it when my assassin just flows help

Marauder shines at later levels like 50 when you get the champion gear and a someone running after you to heal you nonstop. Then you'll see how you can faceroll people. Just hold in there. You can smash enemy to death with 3k crits after just doing 3-4 build up moves in 10 seconds. In pvp when you get primaried by multiple enemies just unequip a lightsaber and instantly drop aggro. And more importantly watch the pros' videos on their websites, then you'll learn how to play.

Marauder shines at later levels like 50 when you get the champion gear and a someone running after you to heal you nonstop. Then you'll see how you can faceroll people. Just hold in there. You can smash enemy to death with 3k crits after just doing 3-4 build up moves in 10 seconds. In pvp when you get primaried by multiple enemies just unequip a lightsaber and instantly drop aggro. And more importantly watch the pros' videos on their websites, then you'll learn how to play.

Care to explain this?

Care to explain this?

Need I really? Just like in pve where you start killing the weakest mobs before the harder, marauders get primaried in pvp as they are easiest to kill. Basic strategy.

As a marauder at least you can drop your 2nd lightsaber and fool your enemies into thinking you're a jug lol

increases your lifespan by 100% (ie from 10 seconds to 20 seconds, before they realize you're a marauder)

then again...you can't hide the skirt can ya

Edited by Precurso

Need I really? Just like in pve where you start killing the weakest mobs before the harder, marauders get primaried in pvp as they are easiest to kill. Basic strategy.

As a marauder at least you can drop your 2nd lightsaber and fool your enemies into thinking you're a jug lol

increases your lifespan by 100% (ie from 10 seconds to 20 seconds, before they realize you're a marauder)

then again...you can't hide the skirt can ya

I took you way to seriously in your first post. Sounded like you were posting about a glitch. ;)