Can a Sentinel single wield?

Spoff

Hi all.

Just got JK up to around level 9 and am close to the selection of Guardian or Sentinel.

I usually play DPS and enjoy that role, but would like to be a single saber wielding Sentinel.

If I go down this path will it gimp my DPS just using one saber, or do you have to dual wield to be efficient at damage?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all.

Just got JK up to around level 9 and am close to the selection of Guardian or Sentinel.

I usually play DPS and enjoy that role, but would like to be a single saber wielding Sentinel.

If I go down this path will it gimp my DPS just using one saber, or do you have to dual wield to be efficient at damage?

Any help would be appreciated.

Don't want to be harsh or something but read at least the first Side of this forum instead of openning a topic of an question answered like 2000 Times.

Yes it can single wield, although it defeats the purpose of being a sentinel.

I'm not sure I would agree with this considering many of sentinel's attacks require dual wielding plus they can't use focus or shield generators so the offhand slot would go empty.

You'd be gimping yourself pretty hardcore trying to single wield as a sentinel.

I'd recommend going guardian and doing their damage tree if you want to dps as a single wielding knight.

Edited by Zazyl

There's so many posts on this. If you do not want to DW play guardian and take a DPS spec. Sents abilities require an OH, most at least, and it a stat stick. Just look at any of the other posts on here about Single Lightsabers. Sorry if I come across harsh, not really trying to.

1-You would lose abilities that require two LightSabers

2-You would lose the bonuses that come with the mods on your offhand LS

3-You can't use a Focus or Shield in your offhand

Try a DPS guardian, as mentioned above.