The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

'Heavy' Servers still = a small population

Kirjava

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read the whole entire thread, but a I read a few posts as to get an idea of what's going on.

I was talking to a friend on the game this morning before work and he asked me to come meet him on Tat. (We're both on Anchorhead) So I go and meet him exactly where he says and then when he says he's there I don't see him. I think it's possible that there are different shards in a server.

That might've been already established, but here's more confirmation.

Edited by Kel-vin

I did read the OP. You are assuming that the population on servers is evenly distributed and its not. Pretty sure I heard somewhere that they are getting rid of instancing once more people hit 50.

Again, if people have an issue with their server population reroll on a different server. My server is standard - full depending on the time of day and there is always 30-150 people on every planet.

I'd get the whole 'reroll on a different server' argument if we were talking about servers that were not heavy/full...

seems only way to make the game more lively is to server merge and to remove sharding. This would make the game more populated in an area and be more like a mmo instead of a singleplayer rpg. Edited by cuzcozed

I dislike leveling with lots of people around. It's annoying when there is 100 or so on the same plent having to wait for respawns. Watching people race over to click on things fearing you might get it first etc.

Vulker Highway server and the population seems good there. If it's not peak times on any server you will have trouble finding groups. People can't play games 24/7.

You would have problems finding a group on a wow server also the only thing that saves wow is cross realm battleground and dungeons. It was the same on my medium pop wow server before these things got put into place. Long wait times hard time getting groups.

Not everyone is at the same point as you in the game or may be online but enjoys doing different things.

I beleive Lower population servers should be merged though.

I dislike leveling with lots of people around. It's annoying when there is 100 or so on the same plent having to wait for respawns. Watching people race over to click on things fearing you might get it first etc.

Vulker Highway server and the population seems good there. If it's not peak times on any server you will have trouble finding groups. People can't play games 24/7.

You would have problems finding a group on a wow server also the only thing that saves wow is cross realm battleground and dungeons. It was the same on my medium pop wow server before these things got put into place. Long wait times hard time getting groups.

Not everyone is at the same point as you in the game or may be online but enjoys doing different things.

I beleive Lower population servers should be merged though.

The thing is. Let's say you have 100 people on one planet. were looking at around 100 quests at least per planet. You have a 1 in 100 chance of someone being on that exact quest, so I don't really think your arguements particularly valid in this situation.

Also the idea of cross server dungeons etc, kind of defeats the point on being on a specific server. I understand that it's easier to find people to group up with. Yet it also creates a fairly impersonal aspect to the game. Your unlikely to group with people from your server and it's creates a kind of faceless community if you become detached from your server community by cross server gameplay.