The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

End Game Tank Stats

TheHexxus

Hey fellow Vanguards!

Now that a lot of us are getting into end game raiding, we need to make sure we are making it as easy on our healers as possible. Personally, I'm unclear on which stat(s) are the most important and should be obtained first.

Endurance

Shield Rating

Absorbtion Rating

Defense

Armor (will increase naturally with better gear)

I'm assuming this is the order of importance. Anyone have information on caps, diminishing returns, what we should be stacking first?

Edited by TheHexxus

I was of the understanding that it is:

Defence (avoidance) - Secondary Stat (green equip) It's always active. 30% cap on gear

Shield Rating (shield block chance) - Secondary Stat (green equip) chance on hit recieved.

Absorption Rating (blocked %) - Secondary Stat (green equip) amount depending on the chance on hit. 50% cap on gear

Damage reduction cap 75%

Endurance - Primary Stat

Aim - Primary Stat

Source on caps

http://www.swtor.com/fr/community/showthread.php?t=154459

I may be wrong but that is how I understand it. You don't put Endurance over any of the secondary stats because you can't.

Tho if I'm wrong someone please pipe up :)

I'm seeing other people putting Shied Rating above Defence but in every case they say it's in their opinion so I'm far from 100% on this lol

Edited by Ramaos

Endurance isn't terribly useful except for buffering large spikes of damage. Not a priority.

Shield and Absorb are better than Defense for PVE because they smooth the damage flow. Your healers can keep you alive better if you're losing a consistent 100 dps versus jumping between 0 and 200 depending on the dice rolls.

Between shield and absorb, the one which gives you a better return is the one which is currently lower. Keep them about even for best results. *Note that absorb is cheaper on your equipment budget than shield chance for the same gain of percentage points, so the optimal equipment budget probably has more absorb than shield.