The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Another DPS Tree Question

Bonkwin

Good morning fellow Powertechs :)

Ive been reading a few threads on this forum and the majority seems to think the Pyro spec is way better for pve and pvp. why exactly is that? im specced 8/31/2 atm and i think i do decent damage (i think that because everytime im not in a group and get replaced by some random my guild usualy hits plenty of enrage timers) the only thing bothering me is 2 wasted points in the 15% speed boost because it just does not work and my hydraulic override does not seem to boost my speed like it says either.

also im okay with my performance in pvp. im usualy the guy with most medals (10-11) and the most kills and im winning every 1on1 except against full champion gear sorcs and assassins

so my question to you is this: do you realy think pyro is better? currently i have absolutely no heat problems and im almost never forced to use rapid shots (except for longer raidsboss fights) and i got 2 nice dmg skills with immolate and the blade.

im not sure i would get a dps that matches my current with the pyro spec because how i see it the focus lies on the heat venting rail shot to procc/crit as often and high as possible and keep the 2 dots on the target

i know without dps meters and training droids its realy hard to test the dps but i just want to know if i could do better in pve and pvp with another spec

ps: i did pyro once on lv 50 with crappy blue equip after i respecced from tanking so i already tested is but still im not sure what is better for both pve and pvp :D

so please /discuss

and thanks for your useful answers in advance :)

Edited by Bonkwin

I originally thought the same thing, especially because of the lack of heat issues, but after getting used to pyro rotation and using TSO and VH aggressively.... it rolls AP. Tbh I really like the idea and feel of AP better because its 31 point talent (immolate) fits in the rotation very well, where is with my pve pyro spec doesnt even have thermal detonator. The only possible way AP might win is in an a very long ops fight and if pyro gets like no procs.