If Rakghouls are totally not zombies...

Angedechu

By this logic Jedi are just ravers. After all they just dance around with glow sticks repetitively.

Hey, you might be on to something here, I actually was a raver once and that might be why I enjoy playing jedi knight so much then. Life is not a mystery after all perhaps :D

So, back on topic. We have agreed Rakghouls are zombies. Ok? Done.

Woh, than you have great many things to learn.

You could say that about Lego Star Wars, but definitely not KotOR.

And:

Rakghouls are not zombies

Rakghouls appeared not only in KotOR but also Star Wars: Dark Times, Star Wars: Rebellion and Star Wars: Legacy comic series. So it's not bioware-and-bioware only as some of you imagine.

This.

Sith alchemy could create Star Wars zombies. Or brainworms.

Well regarding reading the actual stuff on http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon I could very well consider all stuff not in George Lucas original world to be quasi lore and not relevant to Star Wars at all, just as SCC is to Terminator.

Then again, I confess that you are right, the fact remains that the whole game is actually quasi Star Wars. I didnt think of that before, and Im sorry. So werewolf-zombies makes perfectly sense. They could even throw in Space Vampires and sith-unicorns if they wanted to. Sinse its not really Star Wars anyway.

Well a cake is a cake, right? Zombies are zombies, even so these particular ones are called Rakghouls. And its silly beyond any borders. I must have slept during the zombie part of EP 1-6. Kotor you say? Its like speaking about Terminator film lore with terms of Sarah Connor Chronicles. Just wrong, horrible wrong. But then again, dont care much really, but why not just call them zombies? its like a thief being catched saying he never stole anything, he borrowed it without asking, right?

This game is not based in episodes 1-6 ;) and your reference is pointless as swtor is based thousands of years before those stories, who knows if there were "zombies" or not, for all we know neaderthals could have been zombies we know so little about them (zombies that liked drawing gazzelle on cave walls).

There are zombies in hundreds of different movies and games, people like killing them, why shouldnt swtor have something similar :)

This game is not based in episodes 1-6 ;) and your reference is pointless as swtor is based thousands of years before those stories, who knows if there were "zombies" or not, for all we know neaderthals could have been zombies we know so little about them (zombies that liked drawing gazzelle on cave walls).

There are zombies in hundreds of different movies and games, people like killing them, why shouldnt swtor have something similar :)

yeah i know, I realized its quasi Star Wars

Why they are nammed Rakghouls ?

Disclaimer : Rakghouls are not just a copy cat of undead, true.

They still look furiously like Undead, and the more lore you know, the more they look like that (down to the Muur talisamn)

how do you define zombie? do they have to be undead? mindless? shambling?

I dont remember having to shoot them in the head for them to die that =not zombies.

Win.

Zombies are re-animated dead. If mindless swarming creatures were all zombies then swarms of bees are zombies, rats are zombies, wolf packs are zombies...

It's tempting to draw parallels between things with a single link, when more than that is really needed.

and whats your point????

From what i've read of other threads I believe the point that's being made here is that because rakghouls are zombies this clearly means that TOR will be dead within a month with Bioware and EA both bankrupted.

Win.

Zombies are re-animated dead. If mindless swarming creatures were all zombies then swarms of bees are zombies, rats are zombies, wolf packs are zombies...

It's tempting to draw parallels between things with a single link, when more than that is really needed.

This

and appearantly SW:TOR general forum users are zombies as well

Win.

Wolves are anything but mindless, swarming creatures. I agree with the jist of your post though.

Wow this arguement is still going on?

This game is based on the original KOTOR series, so trying to claim that this is"quasi" lore because its not from the 6 movies, is a a moot point. This game is not about the 6 movies.

Second, the key thing that people are saying and the trolls are ignoring, is that zombies, by definition, are mindless, reanimated dead people. That's it. Someone dies.

They come back. They eat brains. They are a zombie. There have been movies, games, etc where zombies have greater abilities than others, whether from experimentation or circumstances of death, but there is really no dynamic whatsoever; zombies feel nothing for one another, they only hunger.

Rakghouls are infected with a synthetic plague, via a bite, that mutates them while they are still living, and transforms them into monstrous, ravenous, mutants. We have already seen that they are not totally mindless, as some have mutated further and become force sensitive, though there is not so much a pack dynamic as there is a swarm mentality.

This akins them much closer to werewolves, humans who were bitten, did not die, and were thus mutated from their normal selves into monstrous, ravenous mutant wolves. They have a very strong pack dynamic and in various games, movies, etc. have even gone on to gain additional power or mutate further.

So yea, rakghouls have similarities to zombies, but they are closer in style to werewolves.