Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Is there any reason to play as Republic?

HeroXx

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reasons I play republic.

1. I've always been a good guy.

2. I'm a cop, so shooting people with lightning doesn't reflect well on my position.

3. The republic win this fight. Hands down, and I quote "the true sith died long ago"

P.S. I'm a cop in Canada not the United States of Ridiculous crap. I don't want to hear anything about dirty cops beating up your cousin or something.

(People say that more than you would think, among other things)

Is mathematics not your strong side?

60/40 in a handful of games isn't a big statistic, when we talk about thousands of games that is a huge gap between sides.

Take a 1000 game sample, 600 are won by Empire 400 are won by Republic, the gap shouldn't be that high in a game that should have a basic amount of class mirroring and the likes.

PVPers always seem to roll the "evil" side, so the "good" side gets stuck with all th epeople who DON'T roleplay.

If it makes you feel any better, seems on my server its the republic who always wins.

For my part, practically everything about Imp side seemed custom-tailored to scream "EVIL! Booga-booga-booga!" and I just want no part of that. The ability to play a light-side Sith would do nothing to mitigate the ability names, the NPC attitudes, the nature of the missions, etc. It's just not for me.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that the only reason there may be to play on the Republic is the only reason there really needs to be: because you want to. If you don't, then don't. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.