So crit % is a PvE stat, everything else is PvP?

Feskitt

I notice that the PvP vender gear apparently outranks all PvE gear stats. Except for Critical Hit chance... which seems often to be much, much lower on PvP gear.

(I'm a Merc, fully equipped w/ "PvE" gear ~ 38% Crit chance. I was looking at fleet PvP vender for the comparisons)

So... by getting full PvP gear, ALL STATS will be much higher, including the absurdly OP Expertise. Yet my Crit Chance drops?

Why? Why is Crit Chance "PvE?" And why is everything else so much higher than the highest mods we can get via PvE. (at least that I've seen)

What am I missing here?

What are you talking about? My pvp gear has some crit on it...

When I compare (hover cursor) over the PvP gear, every single item has far less Crit stats than what I'm already wearing.

And what about the other stats? So PvP gear is supposed to be the best gear in the game? Or is there higher level PvE gear I'm somehow unaware of?

Ehm my PvE Bounter hunter gear lacks all kinds of critical stuff and focuses on alacrity ( LOL) and power. This means that the arsenal build that needs a decent amount of crit is severly gimped.

This is what I was thinking.

I swapped out all the accuracy mods on my bounty hunter for crit / surge mods, even if the mods are a grade or two lower its still worth it seeing as i have no need at all for 105% accuracy.

I was also planning on doing this, (swapping mods to raise my Crit %) if I suffer through Huttball enough to get PvP gear, that is.