The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Need stat help :s

EpicConquerer

Ok this is prob one of the dumbest things lol I'm level 31 and still can't get my head onto if I need crit or Power more?

I'm a vanguard doing dps but I notice sometimes when I use gear with power n takes some

Crit away my dps goes up. Does my skill tree determine this or am I gathering wrong stats ?

Any good dps skill trees?

Thanks

Ok this is prob one of the dumbest things lol I'm level 31 and still can't get my head onto if I need crit or Power more?

I'm a vanguard doing dps but I notice sometimes when I use gear with power n takes some

Crit away my dps goes up. Does my skill tree determine this or am I gathering wrong stats ?

Any good dps skill trees?

Thanks

there are multiple crit chance and crit damage multipliers, at least in the assult tree. also crits of abilities shave off time on one of the ammo management tools, forget its name atm.

i think crit surge is the way to go, i like it over power.

How are you gathering any meaningful DPS stats without a combat log?

Fair enough.

The benefit you get from Power is fixed and stable: X% power = y% dps. Crit chance isn't like that: the benefit you get from more crit varies depending on how much surge you have. If you don't have enough surge to give you BIG crits, then having MORE crits doesn't help you much. As your crit damage bonus increases, the value of additional crit chance increases with it.

get aim and endurance.

your choice of secondary stats crit, surge, or power will depend on your current gear and environment. since you didn't provide those, I'd go for aim & endurance. it's unpossible to go wrong with aim & endurance.

Edited by ururururu

thanks guys i just wanna try and get awsome dps as i wanna pvp and pve i found this skill tree for a dps and some tank i beleave what do u think?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801hMhZMsrRorfkbsZb.1

Thats similar for what im going for (41 atm) I get the tactics tree but use ion cell so i can still put guard on my healers. Only difference really is im not picking up the aim im getting Ion overload/neural overload just to further annoy melee folks im kiting.

Edited by BardaTheHobo