Pardon my confusion. . . .

TheNightcrawler

They have said that they are only releasing 4 waves today with more people in them than the 5 they released yesterday. So, conceivably, by 11 am CST, they will have sent out all invites (going on a wave each hour). So far, 2 waves have been sent out and the server status all seem to be reading Light (With only a couple or more reading Standard). It seems to me that the logical conclusion that needs to be reached here is to open all pre-order accesses and just let everyone in. When the servers start reading Full, cut them off.

So, why is everyone at BW/EA ignoring an obvious conclusion?

I've been wondering the same thing. Lots of players are reporting the server loads are Light-Standard and that the starting areas as of yesterday were a ghost town. Not sure anyone at BW that is involved with these "waves" knows that there are thousands of players very unhappy with how this is all going down. For the record, I am not happy, but I am not QQ about it. I am just waiting waiting my turn like the rest of us.

I've been wondering the same thing. Lots of players are reporting the server loads are Light-Standard and that the starting areas as of yesterday were a ghost town. Not sure anyone at BW that is involved with these "waves" knows that there are thousands of players very unhappy with how this is all going down. For the record, I am not happy, but I am not QQ about it. I am just waiting waiting my turn like the rest of us.

I've watched the live streams and even the starting areas were empty. This is really a mess, but BW could fix this by loosening their grip a bit and letting more on the servers.

I'm not QQing either. I just can't understand the logic that they are using to justify this method. By 11 am CST, they'll be finished with their waves for today and then we'll have to wait another 24 hours. As it has been said that they are open 24/7 to handle issues and the like, it seems that they should continue releasing waves until everyone is in. Or, at least, just go ahead and open the access ports now.

Disclaimer: Totally made up numbers. I have no idea how many are in each wave. Just chose this for simple math.

Ok, so they sent out wave 1 today, inviting say 50,000 new players into the game. Thos players spread out on the servers joining those already in from yesterday. BW looks at the load and they say, "Hm, it's light, let's get the next wave ready."

A little later wave 2 is sent out, inviting another 50,000 players and so on to wave 4 maybe around noon.

Rather than keep going though, Bioware realizes that it's a weekday before the Xmas holiday and that many people who play this game are at work or school. In fact, they can look at their metrics from yesterday now and see the spikes of people who logon at 3:30 or 5 or 7 in each time zone.

So instead of continuing to invite people all day, they go, "We added another 200,000 players to the game. Nothing crashed but we want to wait until we hit these known spikes. Let's invite more tomorrow."

Basically, since I'm sure none of them want to go into full crisis mode at 7PM after a full day of work, they do the invites early and then cut them off so they can observe during peak game times.

Just because you have time to play at 10 AM on a Wednesday, doesn't mean that they should put you ahead of those who followed the rules and redeemed their pre-order codes and have got their invite, but have to work or go to class.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.