Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

In case you missed it: Combat logs are coming, but only for yourself

Felioats

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hint this is NOT A JOB.

Hint you're applying to a position which is being sought after by more than one person. Why should the "employer" take one who has less on his "resume" than someone who fulfills the requirement but brings more to the table

This is a GOOD change.

Baddies used to whine that they don't wanna go download Recount.

Now BW is putting in an in-game version that EVERYONE can easily use to see their own performance. Now baddies will be aware of how bad they are. They will no longer be able to use the excuse "I don't wanna go download a 3rd party addon to improve myself".

We will still have full combat logging. Just wait until more people are 50 and more guilds start raiding.

Just by what kind of idiotic definition did EQ fail? It has been turning a profit for 13 years in March and it with UO are credited with spawning an entire genre of games (nobody even remembers Meridian 59).

It lost out to it's 1st Major Competitor.

It is not growing.

The only people that are playing it are Contrarians.

If Meridian 59 came before EQ didn't it REALLY spawn the 3D MMORPG Genre?

It is not growing.

You didn't explain in anyway how eq failed.

Not really, well maybe the last part. I saw what it did for wow, sold a ton of copys. Customizable ui was a huge selling point for wow.

I think dumbing a game down so the people who think Jersey Shore is high-brow entertainment can play and be successful was the huge selling point for WoW.

It is not growing.

WoW isn't growing. I suppose that failed also?

And yes, EQ and UO helped spawn the genre. Meridian 59 was a footnote, the first transitional game between MUDS and 3D. EQ and UO showed that these games could turn a healthy profit and are the reason other games, such as DAoC, WoW and EQ2 followed in their foot steps.

Edited by Scritchy

Soooo... if someone in my group dies to something, I have to keep guessing how? Because people are too scared to possibly be held responsible for doing something wrong? How do I know if my teammate died to an ability or just the loldropdead bug?

People need to get over themselves. Play with friends and this fear of people judging you won't matter. I don't PuG. I never will, so I never will have to worry about parser spam. And if it happened, I just would put on my 'dont give a ****' face.

If you're too lazy to be social and game with people who are of like minds, then stop trying to limit people who want these tools for their core group and legitimate purposes.

If growing faster than any other MMO in history and still being the financially most successful MMO today after 7 years is failing, then yes it failed miserably.

It's so weird how much WOW is discussed on these boards. TOR is barely discussed on the WOW boards or in game.

If growing faster than any other MMO in history and still being the financially most successful MMO today after 7 years is failing, then yes it failed miserably.

It's so weird how much WOW is discussed on these boards. TOR is barely discussed on the WOW boards or in game.

WoW has nothing to compare itself to as it's the best.

You didn't explain in anyway how eq failed.

I don't have to. You know why. Playing a BAD game for half your life doesn't make it a success bro.

Like I said you are all Contrarians in EQ. That's the only logical explanation for it's Survival. There's at least 3 outright superior games. Numbers don't lie. Except for in the case of EQ's "false" longevity. WOW sucks because it's popular right? Because it attracts Kiddies? Because too many people play it? All thing's a contrarion would say. Half of EQ's Population leaving Upon WOW's release and never coming back is proof of it's inferiority and it's failure.

Edited for more Proof: Some people are looking to move away from WOW and EQ isn't even an option. They don't even visit EQ or it's sequels.

Edited by Chosenxeno

I don't have to. You know why. Playing a BAD game for half your life doesn't make it a success bro.

Like I said you are all Contrarians in EQ. That's the only logical explanation for it's Survival. There's at least 3 outright superior games. Numbers don't lie. Except for in the case of EQ's "false" longevity. WOW sucks because it's popular right? Because it attracts Kiddies? Because too many people play it? All thing's a contrarion would say. Half of EQ's Population leaving Upon WOW's release and never coming back is proof of it's inferiority and it's failure.

Edited for more Proof: Some people are looking to move away from WOW and EQ isn't even an option. They don't even visit EQ or it's sequels.

Since when was popularity an indicator of quality?

And yes, EQ and UO helped spawn the genre. Meridian 59 was a footnote, the first transitional game between MUDS and 3D. EQ and UO showed that these games could turn a healthy profit and are the reason other games, such as DAoC, WoW and EQ2 followed in their foot steps.

In bold: A failed attempt to rewrite history and that classic EQers selectiveness.

Facts are what make it a success. If it was good or not is your opinion. EverQuest was a success for the people that made it.

Edited by VicSix

Since when was popularity an indicator of quality?

Since the invention of the Number. Somehow everyone is dumb in WOW because they playing the most popular and most successful game by EQers logic. If EQ was a higher Quality game than those who left EQ to visit Azeroth would not have stayed. End of Story.

Let's not forget that WOW was in it's most hardcore state. It was being played in a state EQers find acceptable: No Addons, No Macros, No LFD, No Flying Mounts, No DBM, and Raiding was a Huge Time-sink(most of the top guilds raided 6-7 days for progression instead of for having fun in an alt raid on the weekends like they do today)

Let us also remember that WOW grew once they Dropped the "Time-Sinkers Only" Raid format and added the things I listed above.

Facts are what make it a success. If it was good or not is your opinion. EverQuest was a success for the people that made it.

But you talk as if it was the greatest thing ever. From what I listed it clearly was not, but you people with your constant whining about anything that smells of WOW a game that exceeded the expectation of "the people who made it" seem to want this one molded after a game that clearly doesn't match the "Quality" or the "Success" of WOW.

Up Next: The post where you accuse me of wanting this to be WOW.

Since the invention of the Number. Somehow everyone is dumb in WOW because they playing the most popular and most successful game by EQers logic. If EQ was a higher Quality game than those who left EQ to visit Azeroth would not have stayed. End of Story.

Let's not forget that WOW was in it's most hardcore state. It was being played in a state EQers find acceptable: No Addons, No Macros, No LFD, No Flying Mounts, No DBM, and Raiding was a Huge Time-sink(most of the top guilds raided 6-7 days for progression instead of for having fun in an alt raid on the weekends like they do today)

Let us also remember that WOW grew once they Dropped the "Time-Sinkers Only" Raid format and added the things I listed above.

I raided in vanilla wow, everyone used addons. Well, healers and tanks anyway.

Eyup, Addons were well known amongst the Players in WoW Classic.

Decursive for example, though it got blocked by Blizz. But DPS Meters, Threat Meters etc were all available and often used in WoW Classic

Edited by Kserberus