The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

CC for van??

aikitexan

I'm a lvl 38 van w/ 23/3/3 currently (the rest will be in assault). I'm having issues in PvP not having but the cryo grenade to cc. Is this the only CC a van has?

If so, can we get another? I know I love how my van is kinda OP, but having 2 CC could come in handy against a premade w/ 5 inquisitors spamming lightning. :)

Thank you

Edited by aikitexan

Storm

Instant

Range: 30m

Storms up to a distant target, dealing 764 kinetic damage, interrupting the target's current action and immobilizing the target for 3 seconds. Cannot be used against targets in cover.

Harpoon

Instant

Range: 30m

Fires a harpoon line that pulls the target to your location and generates a high amount of threat. Cannot be used on targets in cover.

Defensive Measures

Harpoon has a [50 / 100]% chance to immobilize the target for 3 seconds. In addition, your Stealth Scan has a [50 / 100]% chance to immobilize the targets it reveals for 3 seconds.

We also have plenty of AoE debuffs which could in a sense be considered a form of crowd control

We DO NOT have an AoE CC (Concussive Charge) ability, how OP do you want us to be? Just AoE Damage Reduction Debuffs.

Edited by Mallozzi

Like i said i love the set-up now, just was wanting 1 more general cc for PvP. I have 2 w/ my sage (like van better btw). i use my harpoon often and my storm but didnt know it could stun. i usually follow the storm w/ stockstrike so i guess i just never noticed it. thank you.

what about blitz? and why doesnt it seem to be available in pvp?

Blitz is only usable on "strong" or "normal" enemies, not on elite+ or players.

If you want to mess up those sorcs, spec the cooldown reduction on your interrupt- lock an ability out for 4 seconds with a 6 second cooldown? Yes please.