The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help needed for PT solo leveling build

oldshatterhand

I am wondering if I should go for the famous 21/2/18 http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRRrbRboZ0MZbIbbdh.1 (getting the Shield tree first, then switching to Pyro) or just going full shield like this http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GMGrdorogzZMsZb.1?

I would also appreciate a rotation example for each case. This is my first char, just got it to level 15 and I'm having a blast, glad I chose BH.

Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by oldshatterhand

Level 37 Shieldtech here, and have gone full PvP tank spec ... for PvE soloing.

Reason being is the extra stun you get from Grapple, and the movement imparing ability from Rocket Punch can be benificial in PvE questing when dealing with strong+ type mobs.

Basic rotation is something like this:

Death From Above

Jet Charge

Grapple (if there is a distant ranged mob away from the pack)

Explosive Dart (get this off early, it takes a few seconds for it to go off after cast)

Rocket Punch

Rail Shot

Flame Thrower

Rapid Shot x2

After that its kinda a priority rotation for me while tossing in the occasional Rapid Shot to manage heat levels.

On a side note, if you are dealing with 3-4+ normal type mobs and have Torian as a companion (you get him around level 32ish) you can macro (if you have the software) his Flame Sweep to your own Flame Sweep and spam it after you run around and collect all the mobs. This makes for a TON of AoE damage very quickly. As an example on Taris, the Rakghouls are all melee, and are at times in packs of 4-5. You can aggro one pack, Jet Charge to the next pack, then grapple the third pack of them. You will have anywhere from 12-15 mobs on you within seconds and burn them down just as fast with the dual Flame Sweep i mentioned above. FUN STUFF!

As far as specing into the Pyrotech tree .. I havent tried it, but as a Shieldtech I do more than enough damage to take down pretty much anything that doesent require a full group.