Lets face it WOW pvp > SWTOR pvp

Cutnail

^^

I think BW will be very happy if SWTOR does as badly as Wow has with its subscription history.

You're idiots if you don't think TOR is also going to have FOTM trends. BW has not demonstrated that they know anything more than any other game producer about class/pvp balancing.

If I remember right, Wow didn't initially have battlegrounds at all - most of the world pvp was about making the world safe (or hazardous) for lowbies to level (World of Roguecraft).

SWTOR currently has slightly worse WZ pvp than Wow does but I have no doubt it will get better and I'm tired of Wow.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest problem with pvp is the lag, invisible cast bars and unresponsivness of abilities from aoe knockbacks to simple interrupts. Control in this game is horrible.

Best PVP in an MMO was Ultima Online and the beginning of 8vs8 in DAOC. Ultima Online is what made game companies seperate the north americans and asians.. a lot of war was based on race there but it made it fun. It was cutthroat and bloodthirsty... ambushes that would allow your enemy to take all your in-game poseession (rob your house). WoW was decent but some classes were given passes for way to long.. Paper/scissorcs/rocks if you will....warlocks/2h WF shamans in the beginning and druids/dk's at the end. Thats just my opinion from an experienced MMO player of over 15 years.

The type of pvp people want wont fly these days... 15 minutes run outa after you die in DAOC or even waiting for a game to finish in Counter-Strike.. kids today just dont have patience. People want no consequences to dying but real rewards for killing and that just doesnt balance out.

Edited by Ransak_The_Elder

Wow pvp is more smooth but at the same time its also a boring slug fest.

Atm I would rank them as about equal, though once the game is older and better optimized I´m very sure that swtor will kick wows butt when it comes to pvp...

Assuming that will be the course BW takes, then ya.

But until we see how they choose to fix it, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe they did learn a few lessons from WoW's mistakes? One can hope.

What mistakes, exactly? WoW is immensely popular. Their buff/nerf merry-go-round worked. It'll work for Bioware if they don't wait too long. Warhammer failed because they didn't nerf the overpowered classes (or those perceived by everyone to be overpowered) in time.

oh you enjoy playing 80% hutball games? because your server ratio is wacked out?

80% huttball.

Or 80% SOTA/IOC.

Take your pick. Personally I'd rather have hutt ball. Also, the fact that there is still no arena in this game keeps WZs somewhat competitive and fun.

Oh btw. @@.

What mistakes, exactly? WoW is immensely popular. Their buff/nerf merry-go-round worked. It'll work for Bioware if they don't wait too long. Warhammer failed because they didn't nerf the overpowered classes (or those perceived by everyone to be overpowered) in time.

Do you really think that no mistakes have been made in the development of WoW simply because it is immensely popular?

It's immensely popular because it had enough of a tug to keep people playing while they worked through all of the MISTAKES they made, and still do, with the exception of some like myself.

They've made mistakes with WoW, some (rarely) even openly admitted and discussed by the developers themselves.

Edited by Celebrus