The Best Money In Swtor (Really it is, I tested it!)

Almar

So here's some sickness for you...

I have a level 45 Sage who is a Slicer. I try to avoid spending credits to improve the character's gear. Heck, I've left some class skills untrained because I don't want to spend the credits on them and I don't use them much.

I have a level 18 Trooper who sits on Fleet all day and runs Underworld Trading missions (metals only) for GTN sale and Diplomacy missions (medical supplies only) to funnel to the Sage.

The Trooper has about 20% more credits than the Sage. That's after completely eating the cost of the Diplomacy missions.

UWT (Metals) is huge on my server right now, apparently.

The way to make money hand-over-fist in this game is a process:

• Be frugal. Only spend credits that you really need to spend.
  • Watch the market for trends and supply high-demand items at a high price.
  • Keep a threshold lower than which you won't sell.

If you want to "play the market" a bit, that's fine, too. The story of the orange gear that was purchased for 800cr and sold for 11k is a good one. As an aside, I sell those types of things in the 30k credit range all day so someone may have bought the 11k and relisted for triple.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's some sickness for you...

I have a level 45 Sage who is a Slicer. I try to avoid spending credits to improve the character's gear. Heck, I've left some class skills untrained because I don't want to spend the credits on them and I don't use them much.

I have a level 18 Trooper who sits on Fleet all day and runs Underworld Trading missions (metals only) for GTN sale and Diplomacy missions (medical supplies only) to funnel to the Sage.

The Trooper has about 20% more credits than the Sage. That's after completely eating the cost of the Diplomacy missions.

UWT (Metals) is huge on my server right now, apparently.

The way to make money hand-over-fist in this game is a process:

• Be frugal. Only spend credits that you really need to spend.
  • Watch the market for trends and supply high-demand items at a high price.
  • Keep a threshold lower than which you won't sell.

If you want to "play the market" a bit, that's fine, too. The story of the orange gear that was purchased for 800cr and sold for 11k is a good one. As an aside, I sell those types of things in the 30k credit range all day so someone may have bought the 11k and relisted for triple.

Pretty good summary of how to make good money. Really more than anything it is about knowing your server. Say your server has more Jedi classes than Smugglers/Troopers - Chances are that means Archaeology/Underworld/Treasure Hunting will be in much more demand. Same goes vice versa.