The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

Since nothing is being done here except issuing warnings to players voicing their opinions, and high res textures continue to be advertised when they are not delivered, I have filed an FTC complaint for false advertising (takes 5 minutes online to do, google it, since the mods just delete the url here), by definition on their site, this is exactly the case.

To those of you waiting for the cryptic "Q1 improvement", best of luck to you, I applaud your devotion. I'm sure other MMOs will be out near then, and actually deliveron thier promises.

I actually did that yesterday.

http://www.ftc.gov/

Just curious if the mods are really that impudent to delete the URL :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my point is, the promo photos are not "false advertising" if they can be reproduced.

which they can.

And many games are marketed this way. Ppl suggesting that users should contact the BBB is a waste of time.

if you mean they can by tricking the game using the holo-terminal, then sure. otherwise no they can not be reproduced since Bioware has all but confirmed they were removed for anything that isn't static content. the textures used in the promo are not the same with what we have in game. the purpose of the thread is not to build new textures, its to reintroduce what we had in BETA.

Edited by PellonSW

You can also Call 1-855-GO-SWTOR

Press 1 for english

"If your issue is of a technical nature, such as connection issues, patching or installation problems or general game performance please press 1"

Followed by...

"If you are experiencing graphics or sounds issues please press 3"

or...

"To speak to a technical agent, please press 5"

Who's big idea was it to pull hi-Rez textures anyways and didn't somebody try and stop them? They had to of known what a **** storm this would cause. All through beta showing us kick *** graphics and talking how the final client will be even better and what we get in the end is even worse than beta. What what what?

This suppose to be next gen not 7 years ago. God this makes eq2 look great and I can play that on the highest settings possible in a raid with no lag. This game runs perfectly smooth for me and some additional textures isn't going to change that.

my point is, the promo photos are not "false advertising" if they can be reproduced.

which they can.

And many games are marketed this way. Ppl suggesting that users should contact the BBB is a waste of time.

No other game I have played has shown screenshots of unobtainable resolutions. If you believe otherwise post your evidence. Also, if you believe you can prove you are using the hires textures which are in the advertisements please post screenshots of that as well Otherwise your just trolling.

As someone has already corrected you on this issue I hate to repeat it , but I will since you seem to have missed it

The official response has already explained that they are unavailble (impossible) to use right now, no matter what you do to your gpu or settings ingame.

So, no you can't reproduce them.

Edited by Redorbz

which they can.

Uh, actually the promo photos CANNOT be reproduced with the commercially available game. That's kind of the whole *********** point. The high resolution textures used to make those screenshots are not enabled for anyone who buys the game.

We pay for a service, so they do have an obligation to us. Its a legal obligation to provide the service they are selling. What they sold me is not was I was deliberately mislead to believe.

Similarly, when you pay someone to wash your car. They are obligated to do the job you paid for? If they dont, I get a refund or I have the choice to take them to small claims court.

If I was blind, I most likely wouldn't play an MMO. In fact I can only play this game using two senses, my vision and my sense of touch (for using a keyboard and mouse). One of those was deceived via marketing and/or poor leadership. Either way the situation was handled poorly and still no resolution.

Wrong. it is a unilateral contract. Fee for service...if you don't like the service, then don't pay the fee. they have no obligation to you other than that. I'm sorry that this has destroyed your fun...but seriously....

Wrong. it is a unilateral contract. Fee for service...if you don't like the service, then don't pay the fee. they have no obligation to you other than that. I'm sorry that this has destroyed your fun...but seriously....

Hey, genius, you realize that you can't have access to the service without first spending at least $59.99 on the game, right? They have ever obligation to provide you the product being advertised with respect to that purchase.

Hey, genius, you realize that you can't have access to the service without first spending at least $59.99 on the game, right? They have ever obligation to provide you the product being advertised with respect to that purchase.

Correct. I didn't sign a contract when I shelled out cash for the boxes. I did, however, look at screenshots that are not possible with the current retail client.

No, if I advertised a game saying that this is a gameplay screenshot

http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/commando

to get you to buy my game.

But when you installed it, it looked like this

http://images.wikia.com/fantendo/images/6/65/Folder3000_MarioNES.jpg

and I said 'Oops, sorry, bug!' there would be a serious problem.

Just because the example is exaggerated in no way changes the fact that what you saw was not what you got.

I can remedy your confusion. This is EA's business as usual. case closed.

I find it hard to believe the actual programmers and developers or artists made this choice. Whoever leads them made this choice and then they just did their jobs. Just like stephen reid is parroting whatever they prepared for him.

I doubt he came up with that statement without at least 1 EA exec making edits first.

I would bet any of you that all of this wouldve been avoided if EA had no hands in this game.

EA Is bad enough as it, but throw in Lucas on top of it, and ya that is just double big corporate BS. There is an underlining reason why they pulled those textures, and why people are having so many FPS problems and why Bioware isn't telling us the truth about it. I am giving them until next month, if they don't improve things with this game then i'm pulling my sub. I managed to be patient through all the bugs, but my patients can only last for so long.

Maybe we can get them to change the labels for the texture settings....clearly Low, Med/High are too subjective and prone to being buggy. We need labels that match up to what we actually see in game.

so....we could change what we have now to:

1) 1990

2) 2005

Then maybe someday we can get the 3rd option:

3) 2012

I wouldnt be surprised if that screenshot is some part of a cutscene. lol

I've played a commando to level 50. In EVERY SINGLE cutscene that involves me firing a weapon, it is a blaster pistol, not my assault cannon.

Edited by Kraylessa

Star Wars The Old Republic : The Phantom Textures

Star Wars The Old Republic : Attack of the Forums

Star Wars The Old Republic : Revenge of Community

Star Wars The Old Republic : A New Hope (No Change needed)

Star Wars The Old Republic : The Forums Strikes Back

Star Wars The Old Republic : Revenge of the High Rez Textures

That should do it.

Edited by JonnyFS

star wars the old republic : The phantom textures

star wars the old republic : Attack of the forums

star wars the old republic : Revenge of community

star wars the old republic : A new hope (no change needed)

star wars the old republic : Forums strike back

star wars the old republic : Revenge of the high rez textures

that should do it.

:D:d:d