It Appears Light/Dark Choice Does Affect Access to the Best Gear

oPURT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Bioware said that Dark/Light choices would not affect access to the best gear. But I see that the relics are all restricted to Dark/Light levels, with the higher the level of the item, the higher the Dark/Light level required. Has anyone seen equivalent high level relics with no Dark/Light restrictions on them? I know I haven't.

So either:

1) I've just never seen these neutral high relics

or

2) Bioware lied to us and Light/Dark choises do affect your access to the games best gear

Can any player or Bioware confirm or deny which of these is correct please.

Thanks.

Choosing one over the other will give you access to them. Your issue is your character's moral ambiguity is affecting your gameplay. Guess what, pick one and get access to it all.

Duh, but Bioware said Light/Dark would not affect gear access, and it does. Do you enjoy being lied to? I don't.

It affects which gear you can get yes. But there is an equivalent on both sides....

I can't remember where i read the post, but if you are trying to stay neutral, I have heard mention that they are working on endgame neutral gear.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Bioware said that Dark/Light choices would not affect access to the best gear. But I see that the relics are all restricted to Dark/Light levels, with the higher the level of the item, the higher the Dark/Light level required. Has anyone seen equivalent high level relics with no Dark/Light restrictions on them? I know I haven't.

So either:

1) I've just never seen these neutral high relics

or

2) Bioware lied to us and Light/Dark choises do affect your access to the games best gear

Can any player or Bioware confirm or deny which of these is correct please.

Thanks.

Neutral gear didn't make it in for launch but they've already stated they plan to add it back in.

Also in the mean time there are relics you can get that have stats but are not restricted to light / dark. Such as the holocron relics, and the pvp relics.

it's not so much they lied to you. as you willfully acted contrary to available information... and then are QQ about it after the fact.

yes some items have light/dark side reqs. no there is no neutral gear atm.

yes.. there's been talk of adding neutral gear. no there's no real information on if/when this will happen.

if you don't like being lied to. you're going to have an unfullfilling life.

religion, patriotism, ethnocentrism, "rights", marketing/advertising, love/relationships, friendship, professional occupations...especially anything involving sales/talking to people in a professional capacity. are all built on lies. and lying to people.

a video game. that didn't quite think through gear specifics. is pretty low on the list of life's little slings 'n arrows.

if you don't like being lied to. you're going to have an unfullfilling life.

religion, patriotism, ethnocentrism, "rights", marketing/advertising, love/relationships, friendship, professional occupations...especially anything involving sales/talking to people in a professional capacity. are all built on lies. and lying to people.

a video game. that didn't quite think through gear specifics. is pretty low on the list of life's little slings 'n arrows.

WHOA!!!! Never said I was gonna slit my wrists over it, lol. :eek:

Yes some of the relics are light side or dark side as you level and the basic 50 ones from the vendors.

Some of the 50 ones that drop off of trash mobs are light/dark required.

The epic 50 ones from PvP and Ops/HM drops that I have seen do not have a light/dark requirement.

The ones that you craft with the matrix shards (happen to be Best In Slot) do not require light/dark.

So, no they did not lie to you the best ones do not require you to have faction. They are adding grey gear they just did an interview. Also, for the most part I think they were saying light or dark would not give you an advantage over the other.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.