Need to fall back in love with my Guardian

AVFCLuke

I'm only 22 but at around level 20 I starting losing a little love for him! Everything is all cluttered and clustered;

I'm wearing Armour suitable for me but I'm not touching mods, I'm a little confused by it all;

Crew Skills are annoying me--I have Artifice, Archaeology I have no idea what I'm crafting but I'm crafting stuff yet it's not good enough for me so it seems pointless. Slicing is my third skill;

Rotations? I can't find anything comfortable to kill at the moment, I believe it's my rotation. What is the ideal rotation?;

Finally the skill tree? I want to be a DPS guardian and so far I've put my points pretty much anywhere and everywhere, so I need to respec! Does anybody have any ideal builds?

Thx

Guardian is indeed the hardest class to play in TOR, but yields huge amounts of gratification through defending your team mates, and being a leathal force sweep bomb.

Hold tight. Carry on. It flowers @ lvl 40 plus into an animal! Especially focus spec.

Good luck matey :)

Edited by Gordius

Hold tight. Carry on. It flowers @ lvl 40 plus into an animal!

trying to decide between a guardian or vanguard for a tanking class. I rolled a jedi shadow to tank and have that sexy double-bladed lightsaber, but kinda lost interest at 19 ( i know, right before i get kinetic shield :-/ ). Most people say shadows dont get goin till their 30s, so hearing this has me thinking vanguard now. I know you shouldn't judge a class before you hit 20, but id like to do hammerstation and H4's without being completely squishy.

just gathering info and thought i'd comment on the "gets better @40." Developing a serious case of alt-itis over here, lol.

It flowers at 50. Very hard to play without a good computer and good connection.

Crafting can be difficult. As an artifice you make parts for a modable lightsaber, specifically a hilt, and you can also make enhancements which is needed in modable armor as well, the color crystal is useable in all modable weapons. You can't make blue items without treasure hunting. You could purchase the mats via trade channel or gtn.

There are threads that can helP you if you look though about specs and rotations.

My toughest time (in defense spec) was in the early 20s. I attribute the turn-around to getting some better defensive skills higher up the tree and getting Force Stasis (level 24) and Force Push (level 26). Those both provide additional interrupts and crowd control, which turns into more damage mitigation.

Tip 1 use Kira send her in the taunt mobs off of her. She will do most of your damage for you so no real reason not to use her. I like to send her in let her take about 50% damage then I taunted mobs off her.

Tip 2 look before you leap but always open with leap it gains you focus.

Tip 3 I hate to say this but in the current meta it's true. Go Biochem all mods that you need you can get from commendations on whatever planet your on or upgrades threw quest. Sadly not really much of a reason to take anything but biochem.

Tip 4 kill mobs in the right order. Kill easy mobs first and work your way to the harder mobs.

I'm a focus spec guard, so when I got doc my life became EASY MODE! Push threw to the mid 30's and you will like what you find.

For DPS, Guardian gets much better at 30, when you get Overhead Slash, and then much better again at 40 with Plasma Brand.

The first 30 levels of DPS Guardian are some of the roughest time I've had in an MMO, but it does get a lot better.

Also, you said you have points everywhere, I hope you at least have Shien Form. That's an early ability that also improves Guardian DPS quality-of-life immensely.

I manually gathered all my Archeology and kept my Treasure Hunting leveled up with my spare companions as I leveled. I would make the best green hilt I could, REing it till I got the blue unlocked, and make one thanks to my treasure hunting.

By 14 I was making hilts I couldn't use yet. Once I get a hilt made for that level I start making the enchancement I want, but it's much lower priority for me. Since 15, I have had a new blue hilt waiting for me as I leveled. I'm 40 now, using a 39 hilt I made, and there's a 41 hilt sitting in my inventory waiting for me to level. Remember to get your new schematics every 20 points of Artifice.

I really like making my own lightsaber hilts and crystals, and as far as "endgame" goes, when the Star Wars version of the Arcanite Reaper is made available to us, I'll be happy to sell them to Biochemists.