Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

We are going to be BUFFED soon!

Tom_Joad

I asked James what they are doing on class balance. He explained that the team collects tons of data on classes and how they are played. He said a good example is some of the fixes coming to the Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight. They recognized and issue and have the data to prove it and now are fixing the problem.

from http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/feature/5997/Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-The-Future-of-the-Old-Republic.html

At least I can only assume it is going to be a buff. I would find it hard that warrior's would get nerfed at this point. Especially marauders...

Actually if you look in the Dev Tracker there is a more detailed post about that..... they are looking at changes for Juggernauts, but it won't be in the upcoming 1.2 patch. They are looking at changing some of the gap-closing for them and dps increase possibly. Nothing about Maras yet.

Copied from that thread:

Here are some of the things we're planning to roll out in the short term specifically regarding Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights :

Mobility/Anti Kiting (PvP) – We agree with the sentiment voiced by the community that some Guardians and Juggernauts have to work harder than other classes to stay within effective combat range, putting them at a disadvantage. We intend to address this in an upcoming patch where, as a first step, Force Push will clear the cooldown of Force Leap, granting for more reliable in combat pursuit capabilities to the Advanced Class. Further changes will be made if necessary.

DPS spec survivability (PvP and PvE) – The DPS specs on Guardian and Juggernaut are performing to our expectations when it comes to the ability to create damage, especially of the burst variety. However their survivability is lagging behind our expectations, especially in the later game, and we are going to start addressing that particular issue in an upcoming patch.

Edited by Takarazuka

Good thing I came into this game with very little expectations of the developers.

The last thing Juggs and Guardians need is mobility.

BioWare said that all ACs would have around the same dps early on in the games stages, which is clearly not true for the moment.

Yes Guardian and Jugg dps is viable with a ton of work, but is far behind what other classes are capable of with a fraction of the effort.

This means that any Guardians and Juggernauts will more than likely be pigeon holed into tanking for their raids or not raiding at all.

There are also long standing issues with this class that have been around since the early stages of general beta testing that haven't been resolved.

I think I'll just cap my Juggernaut and reroll.

Actually it says they have nothing specific to report right now, other than the ability delay, but aren't turning a blind eye to us. At least that's my take on what was said.

Our attention to the class obviously won't stop here. Balancing MMOs is a never ending endeavor and we're in for the long haul. For example, we are certainly aware that the Marauder and Sentinel are very gameplay intensive classes with some of the most complex rotations in the game. While we are currently looking at quality of life and usability improvements to increase the class' playability without compromising the unique aspects of the class, we don't have anything specific to announce just yet. We do however anticipate that some of the combat responsiveness improvements (AKA 'ability delay' - more on that here) being worked on by our engineering team will specifically aid both Marauder and Sentinel.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

Actually it says they have nothing specific to report right now, other than the ability delay, but aren't turning a blind eye to us. At least that's my take on what was said.

Our attention to the class obviously won't stop here. Balancing MMOs is a never ending endeavor and we're in for the long haul. For example, we are certainly aware that the Marauder and Sentinel are very gameplay intensive classes with some of the most complex rotations in the game. While we are currently looking at quality of life and usability improvements to increase the class' playability without compromising the unique aspects of the class, we don't have anything specific to announce just yet. We do however anticipate that some of the combat responsiveness improvements (AKA 'ability delay' - more on that here) being worked on by our engineering team will specifically aid both Marauder and Sentinel.

Like i said, they are not changing anything but fixing the ability delay, that is what he said. He says, they are not going to change the "unique aspects" of the class meaning playstyle.

Like i said, they are not changing anything but fixing the ability delay, that is what he said. He says, they are not going to change the "unique aspects" of the class meaning playstyle.

While we are currently looking at quality of life and usability improvements to increase the class' playability without compromising the unique aspects of the class, we don't have anything specific to announce just yet.

If they're looking at something then that tells me that there is a distinct possibility that some changes could be made

Edited by HBninjaX

While we are currently looking at quality of life and usability improvements to increase the class' playability without compromising the unique aspects of the class, we don't have anything specific to announce just yet.

If they're looking at something then that tells me that there is a distinct possibility that some changes could be made

and then he said the mechanical issue of ability lag. Damn people see what they want to see instead of what is really there.

And I hope that they won't make Mara a class where banging your head against keyboard will suffice to play. It has it's unique charm in a complexity and it alows to differentiate good player from lazy one. If it will come to the point that any gamer given the same equipment will be equally powerfull then count me in, I'm going to play solitaire.

I think it got worse for me when I switched to Anni from Carnage. For some reason, it's become 100x more apparent with the ability lag than before. Last night I think I hit Annihilate four times before it finally registered... and then Rupture wouldn't go off and so on. Soooooo frustrating.... :mad:

It's still early... I don't have the source, but I did read the statement they made with regards to Marauder/Sentinel specifically. They acknowledged that the Marauder/Sentinel has one of the most complex rotations in the game and that they wanted to do something to make their lives easier. I don't particularly like the sound of that because I don't want them to dumb us down....

But I suspect that, due to the fact that they said "Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior" rather than ONLY mentioning the Juggernaut/Guardian AC, there will be some changes incoming for the Marauder/Sentinel as well. We'll see.

If it's Force Push and 30m range on our saber throws... I'll be about as satisfied as I could ever possibly be. lol.

If it's Force Push and 30m range on our saber throws... I'll be about as satisfied as I could ever possibly be. lol.

It would be nice to have a ranged root without speccing for it. They can rip if off from WoW like everything else. Allow us to throw one saber at the enemy, rooting them for X seconds. Meanwhile we can't use any attack that requires 2 sabers for X seconds after we throw it.

A ranged execute would be awful nice as well, also one that's usable at 30% HP, not 20%. Snipers and Sins both get a 30%, and we get 20?

Force push(some low tier talent to reduce its cooldown a bit)

A ranged root(more than 10 yard)

30% health execute instead of 20%

Allow our offhand lightsaber to scale with stats? we're a pure dps class we don't have guard or heal, atleast give us some dps.

and dual spec? ffs i'm rage pvp and i hate to have to waste on respec every single time i want to PvE

for 1.1 pretty please?

Edited by mastersloup

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.