Is force camo our threat dump for raids?

SunwindIon

i've been using it as such but i'm still confused if it really works like that, the description makes it sound like it only temporarily reduces your threat while you're under it, then right after it comes back to where it was? anyone have a definitive answer?

Far from definitive. Anecdotal at best.

I can't think of a time that I've used Force Camo and gotten agro back after it faded. These days, I don't even wait the four seconds anymore; as soon as I Force Camo, I queue up my next attack--full bore DPS, never get it back.

If one were so inclined to test such a thing... simply grab a friend (or companion?) and have them hit a Strong mob once, then you take it to 25%, Force Camo (giving them the agro) then patiently wait until it ends. If you get agro back, I think we know.

A slightly more complicated test might involve trying to see whether or not it dumps a set amount of agro or, in reverse-taunt manner, simply puts you just below the next person in line. This could be achieved on an Elite mob wherein your friend deals a little, you deal a lot, FC, deal a little more and see if you take it back.

Edited by Fascion

It does not reset your threat. There is some delay on when you pick the threat back up though.

This is easy to see if you spend a lot of time soloing elites and champions:

- You will be tanking pew pew pew pew

- Camo will redirect the mob's threat to your companion

- You will re-acquire threat after Camo ends whether or not you attack (as long as your companion was not racing you in threat), but it's not consistent

Based on my general observations, it seems like:

- The faster you unload DPS after camo ends, the faster you will pick it up

- The less time you spend in camo, the less threat reduction you receive

Hard to tell though. One effect could be the same as the other.