sli mode

evilharb

Now whilst I can understand that this game probably doesn't use or need an SLI setup, I am stil curious about whether or not getting a second graphics card would have any noticeable effect, like being able to run the game in the highest resolution and with all effects up to maximum. Is there anyone here that is running this game on an SLI setup (maybe Crossfire users can report on this too) that can let me know if there are any differences in using a dual card setup as opposed to a solo one?

• 10 months later...

Ok...time to try this one again...

Is anyone running SWTOR in sli mode? If so are there any issues running the game in a dual card setup? Would appreciate knowing before I install my second card and try running the game!

Thanks for any replies.

Ok...guess it's the same thing for sli mode too, although I'm keeping an eye on the post linked below for any updates.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=68162&highlight=nvidia&page=4

Guess it's down to SWTOR not running/supporting an sli mode. I can always just set it to use one card anyway when SWTOR is running :)

Thanks for the answer though.

Now whilst I can understand that this game probably doesn't use or need an SLI setup, I am stil curious about whether or not getting a second graphics card would have any noticeable effect, like being able to run the game in the highest resolution and with all effects up to maximum. Is there anyone here that is running this game on an SLI setup (maybe Crossfire users can report on this too) that can let me know if there are any differences in using a dual card setup as opposed to a solo one?

I think that the main question that needs to be asked is what type of card(s) do you have? If they're lower end graphics cards and you plan to run with all settings maxed, then you *may* see some small improvements with a SLI setup.

I'm currently rebuilding my system, but even with most settings maxed, a single old HD5870 pushes 70+ fps in town running at 5760x1080 resolution.

The bottleneck in swtor is the netcode. I will run it at max rate on a BenQ 120 Hz monitor with my gtx680'es in SLI as long as it's just me and a few others on the screen. Enter a crowded area, such as infront of one of the mission boxes, and you'll quickly drop 80 fps. It should be noted that I'm playing on a trans-atlantic connection (but on a 100/100 wire) so that might have some impact on my performance. Edited by Washingtoon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.