trouble joining flashpoints

one of the things I haven't made enough time for is flashpoints. Mostly because I'm not a power leveler and many of my guild mates have eclipsed me level wise (still, I'm no slouch at level 31). So I really want to do the flashpoints that are in my range now as I find myself under geared (bowdarr is still using the same weapon he came with) and have been told that flashpoints is where you get the good loot.

The problem is trying to get into a flashpoint group is way more difficult than it should be. If I want to go LFG for a flashpoint it means (as far as I can tell) that I have to basically sit around the fleet flagged as an LFG until someone bites, or spam the general chat channel. I can't LFG for the fleet flashpoint while at the same time passing the time questing on Alderaan. Last night I hung around the fleet for almost a half an hour trying to join, or get a group going before I gave up and went back to questing.

Any tips?

You could look for a group on the planet that has people around the same level. There is sitting around involved, usually, whatever the case.

On a couple occasions I couldn't find groups--recently I couldn't find a a group for "Collicoid War Games," which my-level people probably already tried and hated, since it is so poorly designed. Casual players are not playing flashpoints or heroics because the difficulty scales to "hard," usually, even if your group knows what it's doing. People are getting wiped, and then they avoid most multiplayer content since it's not very friendly to casuals. I notice people looking for groups usually outlevel the content, for example, which is just a way of making it less "hard mode."

It usually hasn't been impossible to get a group for me, though if your server is underpopulated, the difficulty finding might be increased threefold. I have no issues with spamming chat, and I usually assemble the groups myself. The "hard mode" difficulty also makes healers and tanks almost essential, further retarding group assemblage.

its weird because if its PVP, you just set your status and as soon as one opens, a pop up appears wherever you are and you're instantly teleported to the warzone. But flashpoints it forces you to stand around and wait at the flashpoint entry area waiting... and waiting....