Shouldn't 50 Brackets been released this patch?

JoxerNL

people will always complain.

next you will want premades to be matched with premades, then gear matching as well.

you want to win every single game, and if you don't, you cry on here.

50's bracket is not going to solve anything

50's bracket will solve the problem the OP, hey that would be me!, put forth, namely a 50 facerolling not against 2 or 3, but 7 opponents cause they were low levels.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people will always complain.

next you will want premades to be matched with premades, then gear matching as well.

you want to win every single game, and if you don't, you cry on here.

50's bracket is not going to solve anything

You wouldn't want premade vs premades when theres the 50's to support it?

Personally i dont think we need the 50's bracket. I think expertise needs to be nerfed about 20%. I think people who cant kill in a warzone shouldnt spend 45 seconds trying to kill a lvl 50 and ignore the objective. Think of it like dota, if your not 50 your an npc, you should be zerging locations, supporting the geared 50's (HERO'S) you get on your team, keep people off nodes, cc, plant bombs. DO NOT chase the one guy at 30% health and hope you get the killing blow, DO NOT break an awe just cuz you wanna dps. There should be alot of medals for doing things like stopping a cap, planting the bomb, defusing the bomb, completed pass, intercepted pass, touchdowns, assists, killing enemy ball carrier just before he scores. They should also allow people who are not 50 to stock up on bags so they are instantly get some expertise once they become 50.

I mean the problem is people think they are the hero when in fact they are the battlefield scrub. To become the hero you gotta get 50, get gear and be good. It's progression people, you start as the battlefield toolbag and you work you r way to the hero.

IF YOU CANT KILL HIM IN 10 SECONDS YOU PROBABLY SHOULDNT BE TRYING TO KILL HIM, GO STOP THE BOMB PLANT!!!!

I agree, i figured since they did a patch today they had changed this blatantly imbalanced playing field to something more suitable.

problem is, All I see out of patches is minor bug fixes. Maybe I should stop comparing this launch to Trion's and compare it to WoW like everyone else so I can stop being let down with how poorly I am seeing fixes getting put out.

LOL one guy geared out the rear, about 19000 health. entire team beat on him in huttball and his health never fell below 18500. he ran the ball in 6 times in about 5 minutes and we lost 6 to 0 with over 9 minutes left in the warzone.

good for him for screaming to lvl 50 and then grinding out the gear to dominate pvp.

so one player is enjoying the hell out of being invincible in pvp, but everyone else should have no fun having that one guy grind honor on them because...?

once the novelty of being able to stand in fire and have eight people try to take him down and fail wears off he'll be complaining about it as much as anyone else. eventually they'll cross faction the pvp and make brackets.. it's inevitable. so why fight it tooth and nail and be stubborn. instead of dragging feet until june, just do it now and move on haha.

like a 2 year old refusing to put their shoes on when it's time to leave. nothing is accomplished, eventually the kid puts the damn shoes on... just makes everyone else's live miserable until they do

like a 2 year old refusing to put their shoes on when it's time to leave. nothing is accomplished, eventually the kid puts the damn shoes on... just makes everyone else's live miserable until they do

That coupled with your signature, made me chuckle.

good one!

I am level 41 on my main, by the way, and have no problem with the level 50 players. Having gear is not what makes them good at PvP and they will still roll those whining about it when they hit 50.

True, I don't consider myself a "pro" but I have played arenas to 2600+ and last night on my 40 Sage was killing 50's with pvp gear.

I don't have the statistics to back up what I'm going to say, but from my perspective, most of the 50s with their fancy leet pvp titles and gear are people who had a lot of spare time and could farm/grind all their gear, which is absolutely fine since that's the way most MMO's are.

Bottomline, yes, gear does indeed help and can make a subpar player somewhat competent, but when things get even you'll see good players stomping over well-geared keyboard turners and even more whining.

There was a patch today dude.

Servers went down @ 9:30am CET for a patch.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/rescheduled-maintenance-january-12-2012

Rescheduled patch to today!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hoping they turn on the anti-hacking stuff before these hacks get out of hand. Would like for them to hold off on 50 bracket for at least another week personally

Edited by Qeuzolt

When you join a game behind the curve.. you have to pay some dues, including earning level 50 or gear.

We rvr everynight with all levels, we groop 50's in our guild with lowbies. We draw full teams of rvr geared people stomping WZ's. We lose a ton but..

We dont blame balance, BW or the Sith. We fight hard and try to win, if you are que'in solo and losing every time, maybe its you.

A wise post appears!

Personally i dont think we need the 50's bracket. I think expertise needs to be nerfed about 20%. I think people who cant kill in a warzone shouldnt spend 45 seconds trying to kill a lvl 50 and ignore the objective. Think of it like dota, if your not 50 your an npc, you should be zerging locations, supporting the geared 50's (HERO'S) you get on your team, keep people off nodes, cc, plant bombs. DO NOT chase the one guy at 30% health and hope you get the killing blow, DO NOT break an awe just cuz you wanna dps. There should be alot of medals for doing things like stopping a cap, planting the bomb, defusing the bomb, completed pass, intercepted pass, touchdowns, assists, killing enemy ball carrier just before he scores. They should also allow people who are not 50 to stock up on bags so they are instantly get some expertise once they become 50.

I mean the problem is people think they are the hero when in fact they are the battlefield scrub. To become the hero you gotta get 50, get gear and be good. It's progression people, you start as the battlefield toolbag and you work you r way to the hero.

IF YOU CANT KILL HIM IN 10 SECONDS YOU PROBABLY SHOULDNT BE TRYING TO KILL HIM, GO STOP THE BOMB PLANT!!!!

You see, there is no incentive to do so. As a non 50 you care a lot about eh amount of XP and money you'll get out of the battleground. And the only way to get them is to get medals. Unfortunately there are no medals for actually doing the objectives, you only get them for killing ppl or for healing/tanking the damage.

Also, that being said, it's impossible to defuse the bomb if there's that one bounty hunter that keeps AoE'ing the area and you can't possibly kill him. So yeah, good luck.

It makes sense that the rich people are defending the broken system that benefits them. I would as well if I was a level 50 farming a bunch of undergeared noobs. However, the thing that is truly frustrating is that these people are incapable of admitting that the system is imbalanced right now.

Four level 50s in full PvP gear can completely tip a battle one way or the other. Saying that they can't or that people should learn to play is just wrong.

The way the system is set up right now is basically hazing except that each class after the first is facing an increasingly brutal experience. Only losers sign up to be willingly hazed, so you can see why those of us who recognize the problem don't want to face off against the celibant champions at the top of the class. Go beat each others' butts with paddles in a corner and let the rest of us have the same experience that you had on the way up to the top!

I'm a level 31 BH. Sure, I get rolled by level 50s in matches, but in the end I do quite well in damage, kills, and medals. In the end, I look at it this way:

1. Am I having fun? Yes.

2. Am I being rewarded? Yes.

3. Am I becoming a better PvPer? Yes.

4. Will I be 50 someday? Yes.

It's fine for 50s to have their own bracket, but the current situation just doesn't bother me as much as it seems to irk others. However, theirs is a valid concern. But when I look at the scoreboard, I think about how good/bad I did relative to the opposing force and my own level. Since I consistently rank in the upper third, I'm content with my progress. After all, if a player keeps at it, they'll enjoy all the advantages of a 50 one day.

Edited by Bamajawn

It makes sense that the rich people are defending the broken system that benefits them. I would as well if I was a level 50 farming a bunch of undergeared noobs. However, the thing that is truly frustrating is that these people are incapable of admitting that the system is imbalanced right now.

Four level 50s in full PvP gear can completely tip a battle one way or the other. Saying that they can't or that people should learn to play is just wrong.

The way the system is set up right now is basically hazing except that each class after the first is facing an increasingly brutal experience. Only losers sign up to be willingly hazed, so you can see why those of us who recognize the problem don't want to face off against the celibant champions at the top of the class. Go beat each others' butts with paddles in a corner and let the rest of us have the same experience that you had on the way up to the top!

Of course a team of geared 50's will tip the scales. That is the way it SHOULD be. You people amaze me with your complaints about how a good character beat your ****** one.

I am a level 50 who runs his own premade of other level 50s. We all have a minimum of 440 expertise. We win roughly 19 out of 20 matches that we play by a substantial margin. I am here telling you that the system is not fair and should be changed. I want premade vs premade WZs made up entirely of level 50s. I believe that is the only way that my group will get some strong competiition. It is not fun winning every huttball match 6-0. I personally have a lot more fun when the matches are closer.

I have been 50 since x-mass ( now 48 valor ), still only a main hand and head piece champ gear out of 54 bags still fun though and i know someday i will get it . It's not that 50's are bad in the zones ... the problem is when all 50's go up against 1 x50 and the rest sub 30 . If they do the 50 warzones now the que for them would be a hour or so . Maybe make it a even amount of 50's per side . Random isn't working well , Level should be in the deciding factor .

Also a good point. I'm just presenting the < 50 perspective that I have. I'm not opposed to brackets at all.

Well, the thing is you're in a mid level range, you got some cool talents and you have rather big arsenal of skill up your sleeve. Most of the time you can stay out of harm's way and rack up some kills with crazy AoE.

Now lets look on the other side of spectrum. My latest alt, a PvP project so to say. Jedi shadow. All I have on my level is a stun, that costs almost half of my force, crippling my damage when I use it, a back stab, that can do nice damage, but also eats away my force like crazy and 2 more ranged skills, that are powerful later on, but kinda useless when untalented.

I can only do damage from mele range (or absurd 10m range with extremely flashy skills screaming "I'm over here, kill me") with no talents to sustain burst past the initial 2 shadow strikes total of 2-4k dmg, depending on crits. I can't even harass properly, cause it takes bloody 20 second to get out of combat after you took/did last hit on anything, so I can't restealth.

When I see a lvl 50 sage/sorc on 20% hp, I jump on him just to do exactly 0 damage, since he used the PWS on himself and than, when I'm out of stuns and knockbacks to interrupt him, I see him healing up to 100% in seconds, proceeding to murdering me in cold blood after. Yeah, very fun.

So to sum up no, I don't have fun playing it, no I can't contribute to the game in any meaningful way and no, I probably will never become 50 at this rate.

I am a level 50 who runs his own premade of other level 50s. We all have a minimum of 440 expertise. We win roughly 19 out of 20 matches that we play by a substantial margin. I am here telling you that the system is not fair and should be changed. I want premade vs premade WZs made up entirely of level 50s. I believe that is the only way that my group will get some strong competiition. It is not fun winning every huttball match 6-0. I personally have a lot more fun when the matches are closer.

Its a new game, there are not enough level 50's yet. But there will be soon and that is when they will put the new bracket in.

Well, the thing is you're in a mid level range, you got some cool talents and you have rather big arsenal of skill up your sleeve. Most of the time you can stay out of harm's way and rack up some kills with crazy AoE.

Now lets look on the other side of spectrum. My latest alt, a PvP project so to say. Jedi shadow. All I have on my level is a stun, that costs almost half of my force, crippling my damage when I use it, a back stab, that can do nice damage, but also eats away my force like crazy and 2 more ranged skills, that are powerful later on, but kinda useless when untalented.

I can only do damage from mele range (or absurd 10m range with extremely flashy skills screaming "I'm over here, kill me") with no talents to sustain burst past the initial 2 shadow strikes total of 2-4k dmg, depending on crits. I can't even harass properly, cause it takes bloody 20 second to get out of combat after you took/did last hit on anything, so I can't restealth.

When I see a lvl 50 sage/sorc on 20% hp, I jump on him just to do exactly 0 damage, since he used the PWS on himself and than, when I'm out of stuns and knockbacks to interrupt him, I see him healing up to 100% in seconds, proceeding to murdering me in cold blood after. Yeah, very fun.

So to sum up no, I don't have fun playing it, no I can't contribute to the game in any meaningful way and no, I probably will never become 50 at this rate.

Good post. I've never played your class, and would not presume to imply that my experiences were typical of everyone under 50. Yours is an interesting perspective, and it sounds like a frustrating situation.