"Story isnt enough"

mothermoy

Genuine question - not trying to troll or be obnoxious at all here, I promise. But how long do people who think "story is enough" suspect they'll be subscribed for? Because ultimately stories end, right? Given how rich and well-developed the stories are in this game, new content will innevitably take longer to develop, even though Bioware have a lot of currently-unused material ready to drop in for future patches.

I think when a lot of people say stuff about endgame or that story isn't enough, they're used to the kind of game they'd be subscribed to for years at a time - in which time you could have seen every story for every class on both the light and dark sides if you'd wanted.

They don't all necessarily mean the story is bad or that it's an innately bad thing in an MMO - what I suspect some of them mean is that they play a game like this because of the feeling it won't ever have an end, which does seem a little contrary to the way the levelling experience is set out.

So I just wondered if the average subscription length is a part of that - maybe the "story first" folk are typically expecting to be around for, say, 3-6 months and so for them the great story is absolutely nailed on as their favourite feature. Whereas for those used to playing a game for 2-3 years would favour the feeling of having a huge amount of things to get done each week and the feeling that you'll never quite be finished as there's always new gear to get, new bosses to down, etc.

I don't know, I could be completely wrong - but it's just a thought I had.

For me its the emotional attachment i get to my character even after the story is over. I find myself role playing what i would do in certain instances. I could even say, that i could play through the game again, just to do the class quests again. It also helps that i am such a HUGE star wars fan. For me, with my imagination, the story quite never ends. i have no problem puttering around, or even rolling a new character to do the story over again. I just love the feel it gives.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic