Alacrity and Heat

Deadwent

Hey guys. I'm considering rolling a PvP Merc.

I've heard that the inherent weakness of the Arsenal Merc is their necessity to spam tracer missile due to the many benefits it grants them

I have two questions with regard to this playstyle.

1. Does heat become a problem? I mean, spamming Tracer (16 heat each volley when specced) doesn't lead to overheating way too often? And if so, what do you guys do to cool down?

2. Has anyone considered itemizing alacrity? I don't know by how much cast times are reduced by alacrity but would it be worth itemizing even if it means slight loss in damage?

Thanks!

Alacrity doesn't reduce the GCD, and TM is a 1.5s cast. You'll be GCD-capped in no time.

Additionally, TM is a back-loaded Heat Cost - meaning it doesn't apply the Heat until the cast completes, which means as long as you're in full regen, you'll get pretty good dissipation during the cast times alone.

So no, Alacrity would be a terrible route to go for Arsenal. :(

It hadn't occurred to me WHEN the heat cost was applied during the cast, it makes sense now.

Also, I was under the impression that it did reduce the GCD, in light of this I can see why Alacrity wouldn't be optimal.

Thank you for resolving my doubts!