The Honorary Jedi

Vorias

Hey all. I used to have a series of chapters in the life of one of my characters here, don't know what happened to them. So to reintroduce my main character i'll start off with a short introductory writing to, hopefully, capture who he is... Vorias Balkin.

Entry #1:

The Force... to a Jedi it's a power seemingly with it's own will guiding a Jedi on his path, and providing him with a very powerful tool to aid him. To a Sith... the Force is a means to an end.. a weapon to be used at his own disgression to bend the galaxy to his will.

Now this may seem strange to most, but in my eyes the Force is nothing more than a friend, a companion that travels with me through life. Like any friend it'll treat you as you it... if you are petty, spiteful, or angry the Force will treat you in kind. It never leaves your side, but as seen with Sith the Force can be very vengeful if mistreated, twisting your appearance claiming pieces of yourself for it's own. Sith may believe they command the Force, but in reality.. they become mere slaves to it.

Jedi are polar opposites, communing with the Force.. listening for guidance. Noble, and peace loving Jedi strive to use the gifts the Force bestows to guard the galaxy from the evils and turmoil that lay in the heart of every being, but that too comes with a price. That price is control... While the most powerful force for good in the galaxy the one flaw behind the principles of the Jedi Order is total detachment from those that give each individual strength, reason, and compassion... our own attachments...

The ones closest to our hearts... family, friends, lovers they are what makes the galaxy worth defending. While holding your own attachments in your heart can open the door to the darkside, it is the individual who chooses to walk through it. The Force, with all it's power can not make that decision for us. Jedi who fall do so by their own choice, and simple misunderstanding of how to regard the ones they hold dear.

Entry #2

My little Nomi... she is my reason for standing beside the Jedi. The reason I seek guidance in times of need from the friends I've made in the Order. My little Nomi.. she will be a powerful force for good when she comes of age. Even those not sensitive to the Force can feel her potential.

I know I've made the right choice leaving her in the care of Junior back on Kashyykk. I learned so much from my surrogate family.. being raised by Wookies isn't as bad as you might think. Huge balls of fur with tremendous strength of will, Grwarr, Junior, and the others in the village of Rworwooken taught me self reliance. The entire planet with it's think, tall forrests, and distinct wildlife has a habit of making you learn that particular lesson very fast. By the time I was ten years of age i was climbing trees, tracking, and helping to restore some of the smaller surrounding villages.

When I first discovered my ability to use the Force, Grwarr wasn't surprised at all... I think he knew from the moment he found me on that old Czerka landing pad. I slowly tinkered with these new gifts, under the watchful eye of Grwarr and the Chieftain, getting more and more powerful as the years went by relying more on the Force and less on my own abilities. It wasn't until I accidentally killed Junior's friend, Chimba, that I began to realize that I was relying far too much on these new gifts. That Force push was so unfocused... poor Chimba.

Another lesson taught.. while hurt and angry at his friend's death, Junior honored his friends life. Chimba was Junior's closest friend.. the one that always talked him down when his anger got the best of him. Junior's never lost his cool since Chimba's passing.. he kept his friend with him. I used to see him sometimes grunting at a tree as if in conversation.. I wonder if that was Chimba talking with him...

• 1 month later...

Entry #3:

That day was the day that probably defined me as not only a man, but a Force Sensitive.. the rush of death as I felt all those Jedi become one with the Force nearly knocked me into Nomi's crib. The sly smirk across Fiona's lips as she finally revealed her true nature. A Sith, missioned with discovering just how powerful my bloodline was. When she realized she couldn't sway me.. she married me, and bore me a daughter. Now there was the sting of betrayal, and the fear that my own little Nomi would grow to become a servant of the Emperor.

I hadn't spoken with the Force, or touched my saber for some time, but that sting... that fear crept up inside... It's a funny thing seeing a door open you didn't know was there. That darkness taunting you, beckoning you to just walk through, and I nearly did... Even as my lightsaber skewered through her chest leaving half the hilt waving at me from her heart I loved her. The desire to scream, and hate was nearly more than I could bear... She'd waited for an opening, that dizzying sense of the Sacking of the Temple to distract me, darken me, and still in the end...

I closed my wet eyes, and I could see.. everything. It may have been a lie, but that life brought me the sweetest serenity I'd known since Kashyykk, more. It brought me a daughter, one that would indeed grow to be a powerful force in the galaxy. If I could just show her what true peace is, how to listen to yourself, and the Force.

For every bad, there is good... 2 doors, 2 choices. The Force shows you those doors, those around you give their guidance, but ultimatley it is YOU that chooses which door to walk through, and it's not always an easy choice...

• 5 years later...

Entry #4

It had been decades since I'd been graced not only with her beauty, but her quiet strength. Satele knelt quietly, focused on her commune with the Force.. though I'm sure she felt my presence hours before I asked for entrance to her chambers. The look on her face coupled with the very slight tremor in the Force.. I could tell she was troubled, but why.. She'd earned the title of Grand Master of the Jedi Order for a reason.

I took a knee, closed my eyes, listened, and waited for her to be ready..

Two days had come and gone.. then a slight twinge. I could feel her focus returning, her calm. That legendary calm of Master Satele.. well these days it's what holds the Jedi Order together. Behind that I sensed.. something about my lil Nomi.. something troubling.. I could also feel her physical discomfort, as well as mine. With her legendary grace and calm she stood.. "If you will excuse me for a moment, Vorias. I shall return shortly."

I decided to.. "relieve" myself as well.. it had been two days after all. I returned to her chambers, and took a knee again, and listened... this time I listened to the Force asking it what that slight tremor was concerning my Nomi. I knelt there waiting for Satele, or an answer from the Force when she strode into her chambers again...

She tapped me slightly on the shoulder, "Been here this whole time, you old coot?"

With my eyes still closed I let a slight smile curl my lips, "No, Master Jedi. I too felt the need to.." I cut myself off. Not even I should disgrace this grand light of peace and hope with such talk. I opened my eyes but kept my kneel, "When you're ready, Master Satele, my daughter..?"