This que is horrible

Babyduck

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, i was thinking more along the lines of like you know, people that pre-order get to start at X date.

People who don't get to pre-order get to start at Y date.

but that isn't fair to the people who dont have the money to preorder the game. why should we discriminate against them?

This is my third launch of a MMO and I must say it is by far the worst that I have experienced. I do not like the mushroom treatment I feel we are being given. They should have given us some clue of when to expect to get invited rather then have us sit in limbo for seven days possibly. This is a terrible way to treat customers.

Thank you for the bump but unless you have some thing relevant to add to this discussion please refrain from posting in this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing:csw_vader: <---- this is his signature

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TROLL

Perhaps I view this a bit differently than most...

I have played in so many MMOs, and seen the problems inherent with each and every one, and still managed to find a way to enjoy them until the next better MMO came along.

I have been waiting for this particular game for years, and was very excited when they announced the launch on Dec 20th.

Then I got an email saying that I might be able to get into the game BEFORE the 20th even!!!

All I had to do was check my email and see if there was an invite!

This sounds like a gift to me. Whether the gift is five hours or five days, I have no complaint, and I am certainly not going to sit and complain that someone else's gift was better than mine.

That does sound childish to me. I would never allow that behavior from my children. I have to assume other parents wouldn't either. So, be you an adult, or a child - didn't your parents teach you to accept gifts graciously? Even if it wasn't the gift you really wanted?

some of us are very old adults that want to be kids forever.. winkwink nudgenudge

I am very impressed actually. Bioware is so far doing a very methodical and organized launch, my pet peeve only being that they send invites only in the morning which I do not understand. This early access not only is ensuring that their servers scale over time ad they can react and correct server issues in time but also is preventing starting zones from being packed. So it is a win-win for both Bioware and it's customers.

As for me, I ordered the last week of November. I cannot play in the week even if I do get an invite as I have work and other commitments during the week. I am expecting to get an invite by Friday to play over the weekend.

Great job! Stephen Reid and team on the transparency and constant communication. I for sure do not envy your jobs. :)

Greg Zeschuk, co-founder of BioWare, has celebrated the launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic by getting a launch-day tattoo.

Tweeting in is official account, Zeschuk wrote: "SWTOR launch tattoo (and launch beard)... for reals".

The Old Republic tattoo features half of a blue Galactic Republic logo, and half of a red Sith Empire logo.

Early access to Star Wars: The Old Republic began December 13, allowing users who pre-ordered the title to jump into the game a week early.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111213

"Last month we revealed the details about Early Game Access*, in which players who pre-ordered Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ would have the opportunity to play the game several days prior to its official game launch on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM PST; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01AM CET)..."

http://buy.swtor.com/us/

there you can see the launch date and that the early access has begun.

The early access isn't a damn gift, its a marketing gimmik to get people to order the game

quoted for truth, the pre order sales figures are used to boost stock futures and ensure more funding for the future,

once again i smell electronuic arts grubby paws, the sales figures will directly influence the stock which will increase the execs bonuses at the end of the year.

Edited by fishboyy

So many idiots QQing that its a bad launch... sence the game hasnt even launched yet (launch date is the 20th for US (:) they have no idea what the launch will be right. BW has also stated what they are doing and giving approx days when certain people who ordered during month X and month Y will be getting in... go read the forums guys seriously. This QQing and blaming BW for a bad game is realy stupid. You have no factual evidence that they are doing a bad job, they just dont want to have a fail game and are doing a great way of preventing that, i for one am very excited to play this game, and get into the the game tommarow night hopefully (i preorderd late Nov.) Game looks like it is going to be around for along time and is going to give other games a run for their money. Any who main thing is 1. Quit with all the QQing and acting like 5 yr olds 2. Go read the developer posts so you auctually know what the hell you are talking about 3. Go out side and enjoy life, this is the last year that you will be able to.

2012 is real.:cool:

Bioware, here's what would just make me the happiest man alive. Shut down all of the servers, refund everyone their $5 pre-order fee, and take a vacation until the 20th. Please for the love of God, do it. The virgin tears in here are obscenely entertaining.