Ethical Dilemma

Sarrik

OK, I have an ethical dilemma. Someone bought me SWTOR off my Amazon wish list for Christmas and was not aware of the pre-order invite that I would get sent. So, is it OK to play the pre-order before I receive the gift on Christmas?

I see no problem with that.

Personally I'd make extra sure to show my appreciation toward that person when you receive the gift.

EDIT: I am not factoring in the fact they could be into the whole Jesus thing. So it might be different for them.

Edited by umbongoumbongo

OK, I have an ethical dilemma. Someone bought me SWTOR off my Amazon wish list for Christmas and was not aware of the pre-order invite that I would get sent. So, is it OK to play the pre-order before I receive the gift on Christmas?

Absolutely! Look, someone loved you enough to buy this wonderful game which means they wanted you to have a joyous Christmas! So have a joyous Christmas, flyboy!

If you refuse to play during the headstart it would be like throwing this lovely gift back in their face! :confused:

Are you feeling convicted of considering to play? If so, it's probably not a good idea... but if you don't think it will affect the gift you are receiving, I think it's ok.

If you happen to live with the gift giver, just be prepared to say, "This is not the game you think it is. Move along."

Just play it, on christmas day you can still have the excitement of opening the box, installing it onto your computer. Thats what i'm doing, as soon as early access ends i'll uninstall the beta client and then on christmas day just use the discs to install the full game. Might even take less disk space that way :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.