The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What's a good PvP Tank build?

Zuesy

I am a level 30 Powertech at the moment and am going to probably use the Carolina Parakeet Build when i get to level 50 but i know thats not really a 'levelling' build. Until i get to level 50 or near to level 50 im thinking of going for a tank build but im not sure. Do you have any good levelling builds for a powertech. I dont really mind whether its a tank or dps build or w/e. Any advice is appreciated, Thanks.

I'm 49.5 right now and although I'll be moving to Pyrotech for PVP at some point I can tell you from first hand experience that going deep into Shieldtech is fantastic for the first 45 levels.

1. You can pick up tank slot in most flashpoints.

2. Mako can maintain healing you in almost every fight. Just keep her cunning and gear updated.

3. Fights may take you a bit longer but you will be able to move from mob to mob with very little if any down time.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMGrd0bZ0cZb.1

Put points into Rocket Punch early on in the pyro tree than Puncture or vice versa. At your level you can do both right now.

from 30-33 hug the right side of the Shieldtech Tree. Stop at Jet Surge and Flame Surge. At this point I'd put the rest of your points into .......... actually I'll do a break down for you per level when I get off work tonight.

I'm 49.5 right now and although I'll be moving to Pyrotech for PVP at some point I can tell you from first hand experience that going deep into Shieldtech is fantastic for the first 45 levels.

1. You can pick up tank slot in most flashpoints.

2. Mako can maintain healing you in almost every fight. Just keep her cunning and gear updated.

3. Fights may take you a bit longer but you will be able to move from mob to mob with very little if any down time.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMGrd0bZ0cZb.1

Put points into Rocket Punch early on in the pyro tree than Puncture or vice versa. At your level you can do both right now.

from 30-33 hug the right side of the Shieldtech Tree. Stop at Jet Surge and Flame Surge. At this point I'd put the rest of your points into .......... actually I'll do a break down for you per level when I get off work tonight.

Thanks alot for the advice it helped out a ton :)