No Whining. Really.

TheReij

I had heard the rumblings of the forum were getting to fever pitch, but some of these posts are utter nonsense.

-The "You should have pre-ordered sooner" argument is completely valid. This is Star Wars, one of the most popular franchises on the planet. The basic story holds worldwide cultural appeal. This is not and was never going to be a game you could just pick up at launch and expect a smooth ride. The pre-order bonuses were announced well before the pre-order dates started. You knew that there would be early access time. With that said, if you wanted in on the "not announced even earlier" early access, you should have pre-ordered sooner. Doubly so if you wanted the physical CE.

-We are still one day away from the actual "early access" event. Yes, they started inviting people yesterday and invites will go out today. You should be thanking EA/Bioware for this. They could have just waited until Thursday to start doing the invites. The way that it is going now, it is looking like almost anyone who pre-ordered will be in by close of business Thursday. The info on the street is that at least double the invites of yesterday will go out today and tomorrow.

-You won't believe me, but this staggered entry is making the leveling very smooth. There are enough people around to help complete group quests without destroying the single player leveling experience. One does not have to wait around for a spawn due to over-farming. Again, I know you'll just poo-poo this point because you're not in.

-I'm not sure that this gives people a PVP advantage. PVP is almost always more of a grind than the regular leveling experience to begin with. In the later levels you might be ganked. This game has been in beta for several months, many people started perfecting the PVP side. Maybe they're just better than you? If you're worried about a PVP advantage, I'd recommend a PVE server. Being killed in PVP is just a part of the game. Just roll with it.

-You do realize this is a cost saving measure by EA/Bioware, right? Think of all those other games that have a few massively populated servers and the rest are barren. Don't get me wrong, that will happen here as well (it is inevitable). However, instead of just letting all the players in and blindly throwing servers at the problem, they are letting the existing servers slowly fill. You may not like it, but that's the way they're doing it. Never mind that the game does not actually launch until next week.

So, to recap my opinions:

-Yes, you really should have pre-ordered sooner.

-Actual pre-order advertised early access hasn't started yet.

-The staggered entry really is a good thing.

-If you're worried about a PVP advantage, play on a PVE server or just suck it up.

-The staggered roll out is a cost-saving measure.

Ahh, good. My asbestos suit has arrived.

Edited by TheReij

I had heard the rumblings of the forum were getting to fever pitch, but some of these posts are utter nonsense.

-The "You should have pre-ordered sooner" argument is completely valid. This is Star Wars, one of the most popular franchises on the planet. The basic story holds worldwide cultural appeal. This is not and was never going to be a game you could just pick up at launch and expect a smooth ride. The pre-order bonuses were announced well before the pre-order dates started. You knew that there would be early access time. With that said, if you wanted in on the "not announced even earlier" early access, you should have pre-ordered sooner. Doubly so if you wanted the physical CE.

-We are still one day away from the actual "early access" event. Yes, they started inviting people yesterday and invites will go out today. You should be thanking EA/Bioware for this. They could have just waited until Thursday to start doing the invites. The way that it is going now, it is looking like almost anyone who pre-ordered will be in by close of business Thursday. The info on the street is that at least double the invites of yesterday will go out today and tomorrow.

-You won't believe me, but this staggered entry is making the leveling very smooth. There are enough people around to help complete group quests without destroying the single player leveling experience. One does not have to wait around for a spawn due to over-farming. Again, I know you'll just poo-poo this point because you're not in.

-I'm not sure that this gives people a PVP advantage. PVP is almost always more of a grind than the regular leveling experience to begin with. In the later levels you might be ganked. This game has been in beta for several months, many people started perfecting the PVP side. Maybe they're just better than you? If you're worried about a PVP advantage, I'd recommend a PVE server. Being killed in PVP is just a part of the game. Just roll with it.

-You do realize this is a cost saving measure by EA/Bioware, right? Think of all those other games that have a few massively populated servers and the rest are barren. Don't get me wrong, that will happen here as well (it is inevitable). However, instead of just letting all the players in and blindly throwing servers at the problem, they are letting the existing servers slowly fill. You may not like it, but that's the way they're doing it. Never mind that the game does not actually launch until next week.

So, to recap my opinions:

-Yes, you really should have pre-ordered sooner.

-Actual pre-order advertised early access hasn't started yet.

-The staggered entry really is a good thing.

-If you're worried about a PVP advantage, play on a PVE server or just suck it up.

-The staggered roll out is a cost-saving measure.

Ahh, good. My asbestos suit has arrived.

Oh look! Someone who is intelligent, logical, and can form a complete sentence using proper punctuation and grammar. It's so refreshing to see you! Thanks buddy :D

Actually I had no idea there would be preferential treatment to those who preordered sooner. The fact is I hadn't heard anything about the game until I got invited to the last beta test and with the tight blackout on information around the time preordering started I wouldn't have even know if I would want to preorder the game not. I feel like I'm being punished for having to wait over a year to get any view on what the quality of the game to judge whether or not the game was worth the money. Like thinking critically at all is why I'm separated from my friend who got on in the first day. Does it make me a bastard for believing Bioware is alienating it's customers for separating us in this fashion?

At any rate I haven't actually complained yet besides this post, but I still find this argument asinine, people are going to complain when stuff like this happens nd it's healthy to vent....

Actually I had no idea there would be preferential treatment to those who preordered sooner. The fact is I hadn't heard anything about the game until I got invited to the last beta test and with the tight blackout on information around the time preordering started I wouldn't have even know if I would want to preorder the game not. I feel like I'm being punished for having to wait over a year to get any view on what the quality of the game to judge whether or not the game was worth the money. Like thinking critically at all is why I'm separated from my friend who got on in the first day. Does it make me a bastard for believing Bioware is alienating it's customers for separating us in this fashion?

At any rate I haven't actually complained yet besides this post, but I still find this argument asinine, people are going to complain when stuff like this happens nd it's healthy to vent....

Granted, preferential treatment tends to be implied in these situations. Pre-ordering held the promise of early access. This was advertised well before the pre-order period began.

However, I'm not buying the "hadn't heard anything" argument. It's Star Wars. It's hard to view the internet without reading about it. Yes, there was an NDA on actual gameplay, but the game was known to be in development.

For many, this wasn't a "let's see how it does" game. It was either play/not play. I'm sorry that you feel like you didn't have the opportunity to pull the trigger sooner. When I pre-ordered on July 22, you could not go to a game selling retailer without seeing an ad for the pre-order.

You're not being punished by EA/Bioware. If anything, you're punishing yourself. This is understandable. If I were in your shoes, I'd be pretty upset as well. Does this make you a bastard? I don't know. How mean are you being to yourself?

Granted, preferential treatment tends to be implied in these situations. Pre-ordering held the promise of early access. This was advertised well before the pre-order period began.

However, I'm not buying the "hadn't heard anything" argument. It's Star Wars. It's hard to view the internet without reading about it. Yes, there was an NDA on actual gameplay, but the game was known to be in development.

For many, this wasn't a "let's see how it does" game. It was either play/not play. I'm sorry that you feel like you didn't have the opportunity to pull the trigger sooner. When I pre-ordered on July 22, you could not go to a game selling retailer without seeing an ad for the pre-order.

You're not being punished by EA/Bioware. If anything, you're punishing yourself. This is understandable. If I were in your shoes, I'd be pretty upset as well. Does this make you a bastard? I don't know. How mean are you being to yourself?

Are you saying I'm punishing myself for not blindly following the Starwars label? I had no idea anything like this would happen so I trusted so long as I preordered in time I'd get in with everyone else, apparently that was a mistake trusting people to be treated equally..

I don't except everything to be fair but but this launch is very unsettling to how the developers are going to treat the players...

Edited by Arcphoenix

Are you saying I'm punishing myself for not blindly following the Starwars label? I had no idea anything like this would happen so I trusted so long as I preordered in time I'd get in with everyone else, apparently that was a mistake trusting people to be treated equally...

Jokingly, yes.

You will be treated equally. You pre-ordered, you will gain access prior to the launch on the 20th. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

Jokingly, yes.

You will be treated equally. You pre-ordered, you will gain access prior to the launch on the 20th. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

It's odd to call the 20th a launch when most people will be playing well before then, the basics of a launch is when a game starts correct?

Are you saying I'm punishing myself for not blindly following the Starwars label? I had no idea anything like this would happen so I trusted so long as I preordered in time I'd get in with everyone else, apparently that was a mistake trusting people to be treated equally..

I don't except everything to be fair but but this launch is very unsettling to how the developers are going to treat the players...

You didn't get an email when preorders started in July?

Yes like a "soft" opening and just as bull, the game has opened up but only to the select few call it what you will this game launched on the 13th.

No. The game launches on the 20th with early access for those that pre-ordered beginning December 15th. The decision to allow play beginning the 13th is not covered by your pre-order bonus. If the 20th rolls around and you're still not in, we'll revisit this argument.

No. The game launches on the 20th with early access for those that pre-ordered beginning December 15th. The decision to allow play beginning the 13th is not covered by your pre-order bonus. If the 20th rolls around and you're still not in, we'll revisit this argument.

The game launches on the 20th yet people are already playing? The game has been started one way or the other it's here and being played. If it was going to be launched on the 20th it would have been playable on the 20th and no sooner. I'm not debating it by terms but how equal the access is, which it isn't to the slightest.

A forum member since July 2010 "hadn't heard anything about the game"??? Not likely. Virtual temper tantrums are fun to read though.

Edited by WilsonFett

The game launches on the 20th yet people are already playing? The game has been started one way or the other it's here and being played. If it was going to be launched on the 20th it would have been playable on the 20th and no sooner. I'm not debating it by terms but how equal the access is, which it isn't to the slightest.

These "its unfair because I'M not in RIGHT NOW!!!" posts are great.

Whiners gonna whine...question should be "what will this guy whine about once he's in?"