Sith companion who can't use a red saber - it just seems wrong.

NJMorf

I recently got my final Jedi Knight companion and I have two issues with him, both cosmetic.

First: when you see him in-game, he's got a full set of armour which looks pretty cool. When you get him as a companion, he's already changed into some bland, boring republic trooper armour. I'd much rather have the look of the original stuff from the off, even if I have the choice (or necessity) to upgrade it to something bland later.

Second: he's got a lightsaber with a red crystal. It's a pretty low-end crystal, so, as an artificer, I immediately cut a better one (still red) for him. Unfortunately, he can't equip it because I'm a light side Jedi. Why should my orientation restrict what I can put on my companions? He's currently neutral (which is itself rather surprising, given his origin) so he should be able to equip any colour he (or I) likes. To me, it just looks wrong for him to have anything other than a red saber.

Can we please have the ability to equip items on our companions based on the companions' orientation, not our own? Ta muchly.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty certain red color crystals are restricted to Darkside I or higher.

Red crystals are forbidden to Light 1 and above, blue/green are forbidden to Dark 1 and above. In other words, there's an overlap where neutral players can equip either, rather than a zone where they can equip neither.

I recently got my final Jedi Knight companion and I have two issues with him, both cosmetic.

First: when you see him in-game, he's got a full set of armour which looks pretty cool. When you get him as a companion, he's already changed into some bland, boring republic trooper armour. I'd much rather have the look of the original stuff from the off, even if I have the choice (or necessity) to upgrade it to something bland later.

Second: he's got a lightsaber with a red crystal. It's a pretty low-end crystal, so, as an artificer, I immediately cut a better one (still red) for him. Unfortunately, he can't equip it because I'm a light side Jedi. Why should my orientation restrict what I can put on my companions? He's currently neutral (which is itself rather surprising, given his origin) so he should be able to equip any colour he (or I) likes. To me, it just looks wrong for him to have anything other than a red saber.

Can we please have the ability to equip items on our companions based on the companions' orientation, not our own? Ta muchly.

Your companion cannot gain or lose alignment. So either they're always considered neutral or they share your alignment. I think it makes more sense to share. That way if you really wanted you could have both of you wearing Light/Dark Side armor together, instead of only allowing them to use neutral.

Even if he was a sith that doesn't make him any less of a Jedi now. Do you think the Germans who defected to the US during WWII were still flying Nazi flags?

On a side note I don't particularly agree with the color crystal restriction based on alignment.

Even if he was a sith that doesn't make him any less of a Jedi now. Do you think the Germans who defected to the US during WWII were still flying Nazi flags?

Not quite how this companion's story goes. I don't want to spoil anything, but your point, though well made, does not apply here.

I was just considering buying a new saber for this same companion using Voss commendations and was wondering whether to buy him a light or dark saber. I agree, it will be weird to see him using a blue/green blade, but it looks like I have no choice.

Pretty sure he can use it, it's just that YOU can't socket a red crystal being a goody goody wuss like character.

Buy a boe saber and have a trusted progamer darkside friend do the socketing. Try that and report back.

Also, belsavis dailies give companion weapons. He probably gets a red level 50 moddable saber. My Jedi comp got a blue one.

Edited by wtfcharles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.