Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

RE an Orange?

Larnot

If I RE an orange item (I am 400 synthweave) is there any possibility that I will learn that (or any) pattern from it? I have several orange's waiting to do this with, but I am hesitant. Has anyone actually had this happen to them? Thanks!

All signs point to nothing gained by RE'ing an orange item. There is essentially no upgrade for these items, so reverse engineering them would only give you back a few materials, but no upgraded patterns. There are some reports of 'crit' crafting on an orange item, but that happens when the item is made, not broken down. Dont do it.

I saw a couple of screenshots yesterday of some orange weapons with augment slots, so I would say its possible to get a crit on those. I have seen no proof so far of orange armor with augment slots though, so I can't say for sure on that.

All signs point to nothing gained by RE'ing an orange item. There is essentially no upgrade for these items, so reverse engineering them would only give you back a few materials, but no upgraded patterns. There are some reports of 'crit' crafting on an orange item, but that happens when the item is made, not broken down. Dont do it.

Thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.