The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Too many issues.. But the straw that broke the camels back..

Scan

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, since Skyrim didn't come out, have bugs, and get patched.. to break the main quest by integrating it into Steam. In 2011. Oops!

And I can guarantee you that Bethesda has lost customers over it. People who would have bought other games of theirs and people who would have bought Skyrim but saw youtube videos of the bugs.

Here's the problem the gaming community has: We are expected to pay premium prices for buggy games. If this was any other industry there would be massive outrage. You buy a book... it's missing a third of the pages and on others the letters are twelve times as large a they should be. Are you a happy customer? Are you ok with it because we'll you'll just pay 15 buck and get a new version of the book? All of a sudden the movie your watching becomes too dark to see are you ok with that? No you are pissed off and you want your money back.

Lets look at cars, what happens when a car gets released with massive defects? Companies get sued. When a video game gets released with massive defects were told by the fanbois, "LOL IT"S OK JUST WAIT THEY WILL FIX IT", I don't know about you, but I don't like paying money for unfinished products. Why do you?

If we are ever going to be able to expect quality programming and testing from companies that should know better, I'm looking at you Bethesda and Bioware, we need to stop the constant butt kissing of these companies and confront these issues and demand better.

And I can guarantee you that Bethesda has lost customers over it. People who would have bought other games of theirs and people who would have bought Skyrim but saw youtube videos of the bugs.

Here's the problem the gaming community has: We are expected to pay premium prices for buggy games. If this was any other industry there would be massive outrage. You buy a book... it's missing a third of the pages and on others the letters are twelve times as large a they should be. Are you a happy customer? Are you ok with it because we'll you'll just pay 15 buck and get a new version of the book? All of a sudden the movie your watching becomes too dark to see are you ok with that? No you are pissed off and you want your money back.

Lets look at cars, what happens when a car gets released with massive defects? Companies get sued. When a video game gets released with massive defects were told by the fanbois, "LOL IT"S OK JUST WAIT THEY WILL FIX IT", I don't know about you, but I don't like paying money for unfinished products. Why do you?

If we are ever going to be able to expect quality programming and testing from companies that should know better, I'm looking at you Bethesda and Bioware, we need to stop the constant butt kissing of these companies and confront these issues and demand better.

Get real, most of those are people who pirated it off the webs. :eek:

And yet, they still feel entitled and complain about the game they stole.

Where is that comet enema? :rolleyes:

Edited by Fraxture

That's it! Everyone let's file a class action lawsuit. Bioware needs to be held accountable for their actions! I don't want to wait in a que! I need my server to be empty so I don't have to wait in a que! This is just ridiculous! No other game in existence ever had a que system. This game is the first to have a server cap! I can't believe this game is popular and actually has people playing.

To go over but heres a good one..

Build raid to run EV hardmode.

Main Tank gets PvP crash to screen bug just before raid time.

Build raid, all waiting before first boss and ready to go.

MT cant get online from Character screen crashes game, tries to relog straight away and now in queue 695 (thats about 2 hours)

Collapse raid everyone pissed off, seriously BW for the love of god give us Server transfers.

We were placed on this server with our sister guilds and had no choice to move as we had all spent so much time setting up the Guild launch connections. (it was not just a case of telling everyone to move..)

We are not resubbing after this "free" month runs out, maybe well be back but i doubt it, too many bugs and terribad systems like the non custom UI, no logs etc.

Shame as the solo RPG side of the game Rox.

You had a choice what server to go to, you chose to stick with what you were given. You could have moved to a different server at character creation. it would have then just about the same effort one way or the other. the advance notice for placement wasn't a large window.

You should have had the foresight to see that original servers would cap off quickly. Don't blame Bioware for not thinking for you.

The crash stuff is lame, sorry to hear that. I thought they fixed that.

Your Q, and the QQing both will drop after the 20th or 21st.

That's when the children's free time runs out.

Enjoy your hundreds of posts about server merges after the 21st.

As if the complainers are actually taking the time to play or even contribute to the population.

They just come on here to rage because they feel entitled.

Imagine that? You pay 60 bucks for a game and you feel entitled to a working product.

Madness.

People who pirate and complain about quality make me laugh. It's like pirates complaining that games they'd love to see on the PC are going to the console. They are going to the console because it's harder to pirate those games and companies actually want to make the profit off of your gaming time.

Imagine that? You pay 60 bucks for a game and you feel entitled to a working product.

Madness.

Oh baby doll. There is no reason to be this mad over a game. Can you name a single game that has had a smoother launch than this one? No you can't because aside from a couple of things that affect people with IBM computers from the 90s. This game runs great.

I hope to god you are joking right now. Because if you actually think you can Pirate an MMO and play it, you need to delete your system 32 folder.

Madness.

Where were you when WOW released? Vanguard? Lineage 2? Aion? Rift? and so on?

You are telling me you never played any of those MMOs at launch?

This is your first?

Or..did you come in later to games like WOW and just saw a stable system?

Maybe you should adopt the behavior of waiting a year before joining MMOs.

It's a win - win for you.

You keep your money, give the game time to see how it will pan out.

And never have to suffer through this type of event again.

Not everyone is cut out to handle the MMO life.

But yet they keep coming back hoping for a miracle at launch I guess.

Really people, learn to control yourselves.

To manage yourselves.

MMO @ launch is not the life for you.

Already left the Titanic long ago buddy. Playing Rift again with loads of other people who after experiencing the sad pos that's SWTOR decided to give that game another shot.

That's how bad this game is, it's driving people back to games they gave up on months ago.

I understand that there are alot of people who are completely ok with paying 60+ bucks for a unfinished buggy as hell game. That's your thing, cool, but there is a problem, we will NEVER get quality programming as long as morons are more than happy to pay $60 and $15 a month just to continue a companies beta testing.

Then if you're already gone, so BE GONE!

It's funny you're going back to Rift which was in FAR WORSE shape than TOR is in it's first month.

Too funny.

People who pirate and complain about quality make me laugh. It's like pirates complaining that games they'd love to see on the PC are going to the console. They are going to the console because it's harder to pirate those games and companies actually want to make the profit off of your gaming time.

Obviously you don't know **** about pirating, lol. It's nearly as easy to pirate a 360 game as it is to do PC. PC is only easier because you don't have to physically burn a disc unless you want to. And wasn't it a famous CONSOLE that had its entire network HACKED and down for weeks?

So, NO, devs aren't moving to consoles because they're 'safer' from hacking or pirating. They're moving because it makes it easier for them to optimize, then can take shortcuts, and because all the kids play the console games - there's more profits (kids are much easier to market to because they're the ones who know which strings to pull on their parents to get what they want).

On a console, devs don't have to optimize games for multiple systems or configurations. They don't have to compete with other games in graphics. Why? Cause everyone plays on the same system.

So, in other words, consoles let devs be lazy. And, everyone likes to make easy, lazy money.

Oh baby doll. There is no reason to be this mad over a game. Can you name a single game that has had a smoother launch than this one? No you can't because aside from a couple of things that affect people with IBM computers from the 90s. This game runs great.

Rift's launch was worlds smoother than this. Bugs were fixed within days not weeks. Customer service actually spoke the language of their players. Pretty much stellar compared to this.

And the funny thing is this game is running like crap of great gaming machines because Bioware was stupid enough to use a crappy 3rd party game engine that can't even use multiple cores and is known to lag in populated area which is why we have "shards". But hey buying a crappy engine is cheaper than actually making your own it's not like Bioware has the money.

Enjoy your ride on the Titanic, sweet heart.

I hope to god you are joking right now. Because if you actually think you can Pirate an MMO and play it, you need to delete your system 32 folder.

Hahahahahaha.

Oh man this has to be one of the best trolls ever. I can't believe I actually took you seriously.

Unless you really are ignorant and have no idea what a private mmo server is.

Edited by Morcova

The only flaw with your reasoning is your assumption that you are paying premium prices for software as complex as these modern games are at a ~$60 price tag. Compare, for example, to that part of the software industry where they really do considerably more testing and validation before releasing something and do specifically make much stronger guarantees on the quality of the code. Do you know how much that software costs? Hundreds of dollars per license, frequently thousands. In the larger software world <$100 for something as complex as a modern game is, is dirt cheap.

So the tradeoff the gaming community actually needs to make is: are they willing to lower their standards on game complexity and depth of content in order to get games with fewer bugs at the current price point? Because honestly, the only way game companies could achieve the level of quality you are saying they should target at their current price points is to reduce the amount they spend on content development and instead invest that money in more extensive debugging and validation.

Edited by KlintusFang

Where were you when WOW released? Vanguard? Lineage 2? Aion? Rift? and so on?

You are telling me you never played any of those MMOs at launch?

This is your first?

Or..did you come in later to games like WOW and just saw a stable system?

Maybe you should adopt the behavior of waiting a year before joining MMOs.

It's a win - win for you.

You keep your money, give the game time to see how it will pan out.

And never have to suffer through this type of event again.

Not everyone is cut out to handle the MMO life.

But yet they keep coming back hoping for a miracle at launch I guess.

Really people, learn to control yourselves.

To manage yourselves.

MMO @ launch is not the life for you.

Nope not my first launch, was in the beta and launches for AION/DCUO/RIFT of all of those this is really one of the worst I've seen.

You expect a fully operational end-game system by the end of the first month?

You people make me laugh, go back to WoW.

This, so much this. WoW ruined the MMO community. It had 7 years to develop(And manages to remain bugged as of today, just to a smaller extent.) and because of that, people forgot MMO's start out bugged and sometimes bloodboilingly bad. (Yes, I just invented a new word.)

They don't give them a single chance, they no longer have patience like they used to have. It sickens me to be part of such a community, to the stomach. I'm ashamed of every single one of you. *Finger of Shame* I'll go throw up now.

Then if you're already gone, so BE GONE!

It's funny you're going back to Rift which was in FAR WORSE shape than TOR is in it's first month.

Too funny.

Far worse? Bugs were getting fixed, the programmers were listening to the community on what changes need to be made and were lying to their gamers.

Was it flawless? No, was it as crappy as this? No.

The only flaw with your reasoning is your assumption that you are paying premium prices for software as complex as these modern games are at a ~$60 price tag. Compare, for example, to that part of the software industry where they really do considerably more testing and validation before releasing something and do specifically make much stronger guarantees on the quality of the code. Do you know how much that software costs? Hundreds of dollars per license, frequently thousands. In the larger software world <$100 for something as complex as a modern game is, is dirt cheap.

So the tradeoff the gaming community actually needs to make is: are they willing to lower their standards on game complexity and depth of content in order to get games with fewer bugs at the current price point? Because honestly, the only way game companies could achieve the level of quality you are saying they should target at their current price points is to reduce the amount they spend on content development and instead invest that money in more extensive debugging and validation.

Not true. If you have 100 customers, sure, under $100 is dirt cheap. But having millions of customers = profit, even at $30 a pop.

It's like gas stations - you sell at lower prices, you get more business. You don't make as much of a profit off of one or two sales - but in the long run, over the course of hundreds of customers that YOU'RE getting that competition isn't, you make the greater profit.

Lower prices often = more profits in nearly any industry.

Edited by lentWolf

Its been about a month they fix bugs as fast as they can you picked a server with high pop and then complain its there fault and not yours.. Like omg we missed one raid where all done where not playing anymore.. Someone needs a time out.

He's referring to the lack of a grace period to reconnect after a system, connection, or server issues. I know it's fun being one of the attack sheep, and the first one to start with the insults and vitriol in each and every single critical thread, but do you honestly think you're improving the community?

this is incorrect, there is a grace period that allows you to bypass the queue, but from experience this only works once

so if you get d/ced and reconnected and d/ced again, you will have to wait in the queue

i was d/ced and got back on straight away, d/ced again (stupid router was chucking a fit) and bammed 600+ queue =(

Rift's launch was worlds smoother than this. Bugs were fixed within days not weeks. Customer service actually spoke the language of their players. Pretty much stellar compared to this.

And the funny thing is this game is running like crap of great gaming machines because Bioware was stupid enough to use a crappy 3rd party game engine that can't even use multiple cores and is known to lag in populated area which is why we have "shards". But hey buying a crappy engine is cheaper than actually making your own it's not like Bioware has the money.

Enjoy your ride on the Titanic, sweet heart.

Darling, I just spoke to a person in my vent who said that SWTOR had a smoother launch than Rift. Name a game breaking bug that they haven't fixed. I dare you. Couple more things, I never hear anything about Rift then or now. So that speaks about how bad that game is. Just calm down, this game is brand spanking new, would you rather them devote all of there dev team to fix the small bugs? If they did that you would be complaining about how there are no new patches coming out besides bug fixes. Just PLEASE calm down and let them develop the game and stop being a baby. WoW didn't have as much content as this game when it came out, and look at that game now. So I'll say it one more time. Calm down.

Hahahahahaha.

Oh man this has to be one of the best trolls ever. I can't believe I actually took you seriously.

Unless you really are ignorant and have no idea what a private mmo server is.

You cannot be serious. PRIVATE SERVERS! You have to be kidding me. You just have to be. There is no way someone can be this moronic. Please tell me you have an inkling of a brain.