Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Questions about Rage PvP

DarthRondo

I have been playing Vengeance for the last 25 levels or so and I have decided to change it up to the more bursty spec. I've seen some videos and feel I can grasp it fairly quickly, but I cant decide on a spec. If anyone would like to post their spec or ideas I would be much obliged.

A few questions:

What abilities does Gravity actually affect?

The armor penetration on Shii-Cho mastery, does that affect with kinetic energy as well?

I have been playing Vengeance for the last 25 levels or so and I have decided to change it up to the more bursty spec. I've seen some videos and feel I can grasp it fairly quickly, but I cant decide on a spec. If anyone would like to post their spec or ideas I would be much obliged.

A few questions:

What abilities does Gravity actually affect?

The armor penetration on Shii-Cho mastery, does that affect with kinetic energy as well?

only spec into rage when you can get shockwave. before then i'd actually recommend lvling and pvping as tank (didnt try vengeance though).

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101cZhMbZG0RrddMdGR.1

improved sundering assault is debatable, but since i generally go saber throw=>charge=> force crush => smash => sundering, it suits my playstyle better.

gravity=slowing scream only i think(forgot the name atm)

armor penetration effects all attacks whose dmg is displayed in white numbers above the enemie's heads, rest is force attacks iirc.

only spec into rage when you can get shockwave. before then i'd actually recommend lvling and pvping as tank (didnt try vengeance though).

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101cZhMbZG0RrddMdGR.1

improved sundering assault is debatable, but since i generally go saber throw=>charge=> force crush => smash => sundering, it suits my playstyle better.

gravity=slowing scream only i think(forgot the name atm)

armor penetration effects all attacks whose dmg is displayed in white numbers above the enemie's heads, rest is force attacks iirc.

You could throw in the sundering directly after force crush as it does take a second or two for the stacks to build for smash.

Armor penetration effects all attacks which are reduced by armor. This is more than just the white attacks, energy and kinetic damage are included as well. So basically it will effect all of your attacks.

Armor penetration effects all attacks which are reduced by armor. This is more than just the white attacks, energy and kinetic damage are included as well. So basically it will effect all of your attacks.

are you sure? in the talent trees we have both "attacks" and "force attacks" (dark resonance), that's why i thought that Shii-Cho Mastery only applies to "white hits"

Thanks for answering my questions, this is very good input.

Some more questions:

Do you feel rage starved at all?

If you do have an abundance of rage how often do you dump it into Vicious Slash? I'm curious if the talents that effect slash are worth having.

This is the build I'm considering but I am unsure of some of the 2nd and 3rd tier talents. I am currently 41, just for reference.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101cZhMbZGrRMzdMdGR.1

are you sure? in the talent trees we have both "attacks" and "force attacks" (dark resonance), that's why i thought that Shii-Cho Mastery only applies to "white hits"

Doesn't work like most MMOs where force (AKA magic) attacks are not effected by armor. Most attacks in the game are force/tech attacks AND are effected by armor. The only attacks that aren't are internal and elemental damage types (or attacks that specifically say ignore armor). Anything listed as energy or kinetic damage are force attacks and are effected by armor.

There is technically no such thing as regular weapon damage in this game. All weapon attacks are either energy or kinetic damage depending on the kind of weapon being used.

Edited by Svest

Well all of our force attacks are effected by armor, thus all of our attacks are effected by armor. The armor pen applies to all attacks that are mitigated by armor. All force attack means is that it also gets a bonus from willpower along with your strength.

Well all of our force attacks are effected by armor, thus all of our attacks are effected by armor. The armor pen applies to all attacks that are mitigated by armor. All force attack means is that it also gets a bonus from willpower along with your strength.

And it is effected by your force power stat not your weapon damage stat. meaning your offhand doesn't really effect your white damage attacks but it does effect your force attacks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.