Powertech/Commandos

Runieux

I've yet to hit 50 and PvP quite frequently, I'm not going to call anything OP in this thread, I'm only asking for advice and insight on these two classes (or rather this class).

I'm a level 35 Sith Assassin and as I've levelled up and put points in my skill tree, gotten better equipment, learned new skills I've noticed my effectiveness in PvP has gone up substantially, seems normal for this kind of game. However whenever theres a powertech or commando in the game they just seem to dominate the warzone. It feels like they are indestructible while dishing out tons of damage.

I just want some insight into how this class works, what makes them seem so much stronger than any other class and how to deal with them.

Thank you in advance.

If you are facing Commando (gunnery in most part, or assault sepc which is even more laughable, 0 damage) then you really dont have much to worry about, there damage is a cast time which you can interupt, their instants are laughable and they dont have movement impairing effects, only cc they have is one on 1min cd and its 4 sec duration.

Stun him, take his hp to 30% in that stun duration, if the tries to cast just interrupt and finish him.

Commando doesnt have any defence at all except 1 crappy shield on 2 mins cd that is next to useless. his heals are all cast time, first one is 2.5 sec cast and other is useless especially with -healing debuff.

My advice, level up, get decent gear and you wont have any problem with them, except when 5 of them are nuking you but then again you have vanish like ability.

Basicly, they are turrets, that when left alone will deal below average damage, if you attack them they cant do anything.

Perhaps it's your spec or maybe you're just not playing against stupid people or something. I'm at a loss.

I just see a hail of bullets and I die fairly fast. I've looked on the scroreboard several times and seen them be at the top of the damage.

Commandos and Powertechs... are two different classes' ACs, and they aren't even the correct mirrors.

The mirror to powertech is vanguard

the mirror to commando is mercenary

Sooo... clarification please?

Oh I'm sorry! I didn't know those were the incorrect mirrors. Do they both use those minigun weapons?

I've yet to hit 50 and PvP quite frequently, I'm not going to call anything OP in this thread, I'm only asking for advice and insight on these two classes (or rather this class).

I'm a level 35 Sith Assassin and as I've levelled up and put points in my skill tree, gotten better equipment, learned new skills I've noticed my effectiveness in PvP has gone up substantially, seems normal for this kind of game. However whenever theres a powertech or commando in the game they just seem to dominate the warzone. It feels like they are indestructible while dishing out tons of damage.

I just want some insight into how this class works, what makes them seem so much stronger than any other class and how to deal with them.

Thank you in advance.

Yay more assassins.

Ok for Commando's

They are basically turrents.

If you notice one in the back spamming on teammates all you have to do is go behind it, maul, jolt, mual, mual, slow, forcespeed ( becuase it will kb you at this point, it should also be at around 45% if your both equal lvl and in pvp gear) electrocute, thrash x2+ blackout , shock, discharge, assassinate.

Assuming your deception spec. This is usually the combo that kills them, because you

A. kill their already diminished mobility.

B. Stick to them like butter on rice

When you get to 50, also assuming your deception, you can V.Slash till the mauls buff comes up.

-hope that helps a little.

Also..dont be that guy that runs out of stealth to people, your not a juggernaut.

P.S. PowerTechs/Vanguards are tanks..Ranged Tanks at that, Its the class I hate to fight as an assassin and i lose to them a lot more than commando's..Mainly because i havent fought enough of them to know what their rotation is.

Edited by Sirolos

Please don't turn this into a flame thread, I just wanted some information on how they work because in pvp games the best way to win is to know how your enemy plays, but in an MMO I don't exactly have the time to level up every class to 50 just to succeed in PVP.

Wow I was a full spec healer (until recently) and I NEVER got anywhere near those kinda heals!

But yeah, Commandos... dont even bother going against one as a Sorcerer you stand NO chance. I am at a loss to understand how others dont see it but they do totally dominate the field. Even 2 lvl 50's onto a lvl 50 Commando - No chance.

I havn't tried BH but it seems that a BH v RC also is a loss for the BH? Is that true or is the poor skills of the BH's i've seen?

It'll take a while for balance to happen, of course if you look at FPS games (sorry) then you notice that each side has a mirror image so people tend not to complain so much but when you have different abilities and power on each side for each class people are confused or annoyed about the differences.

Wow I was a full spec healer (until recently) and I NEVER got anywhere near those kinda heals!

If your talking about the picture on the first page ( i really hope not) then Im going to mention to you that the Powertech at the top of the list has no heals..only biochem

But yeah, Commandos... dont even bother going against one as a Sorcerer you stand NO chance. I am at a loss to understand how others dont see it but they do totally dominate the field. Even 2 lvl 50's onto a lvl 50 Commando - No chance.

I havn't tried BH but it seems that a BH v RC also is a loss for the BH? Is that true or is the poor skills of the BH's i've seen?

It'll take a while for balance to happen, of course if you look at FPS games (sorry) then you notice that each side has a mirror image so people tend not to complain so much but when you have different abilities and power on each side for each class people are confused or annoyed about the differences.

Mirror Classes need a little more balance to be 100% even

mainly in the field of damage delay and activation

Sorcs < Merc/ Commando as far as Damage per cast

Sorc>Merc/Commando as far as healing per cast ( IMO, plus a sage or Sorc healer has more utility ..I would rather the bubbles :3 )

Sorcerers have greater Utility than a Merc/Commando, they have an easier time losing melee vs a merc/commando that has no way to speed away or absorb damage. Sorcerers also have a ranged interrupt which is nice, but they lack the DPC to effectively kill someone as fast as a merc/commando. That being said Merc/Commando specced gunnery/arsenal is the easiest to shut down for a competent melee player( you literally have to be slow both mentally and physically to fail at interrupting a turrent).

Most classes have perks and most of them have weaknesses, A lot of people havent learned what their abilities are yet..like the person in my sig :)

That's what I'm saying, I play a lot of PvP games and the only way to ensure victory is knowledge of the entire game. In games like TF2 the classes are easily accessible and you can learn just from playing the game what everyone does. In games like League of Legends and Dota 2 there are layers of complexity added in that there are many characters to choose, each with different abilities and many items that you must familiarize yourself with. However in those games the characters are all there for you to use in their complete state.

In an MMO however levelling a character to their maximum potential takes a lot of time and the only way to gain knowledge of these other classes is by seeking it from other people or to spend the time to level them yourself.