The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Riot Strike and GCD

ReadORDai

This skill confuses me and I honestly can't tell if it's working properly or not. Occasionally I'll be able to riot strike and then stockstrike before the GCD triggers, but sometimes I can't. Also, when GCD is triggered, riot strike won't be greyed out but you still can't use it until the GCD is over and when you do, it triggers GCD. So here's my question...is being able to use riot strike and then another skill before the GCD triggers a bug? or is it Riot strike triggering GCD a bug? Any explanation for this move would be appreciated.

I've had all kinds of problems with Riot Strike. It doesn't respect the GCD meaning that you can use it even if all of your skills are currently on cooldown from the GCD.

However, sometimes I use it, and then the next 2 or 3 skills that I use trigger the GCD, but have 0 effect (do no damage, don't trigger an animation, don't use ammo, etc).

It's very frustrating to be in a close fight against a healer, interrupt their heal, and then sit there helplessly for the next 5 seconds unable to do anything.

I've had all kinds of problems with Riot Strike. It doesn't respect the GCD meaning that you can use it even if all of your skills are currently on cooldown from the GCD.

However, sometimes I use it, and then the next 2 or 3 skills that I use trigger the GCD, but have 0 effect (do no damage, don't trigger an animation, don't use ammo, etc).

It's very frustrating to be in a close fight against a healer, interrupt their heal, and then sit there helplessly for the next 5 seconds unable to do anything.

This is a very common issue that affects almost all classes. yes, it really sucks. I seriously hope Bioware are fixing it.

Almost worse is that sometimes off GCD abilities just don't fire at all. Last night I was tanking a hc 2 quest and popped my Reactive shield as I got abit low on HP. Or rather, I mashed the button about 15 times, even when the GCD wasn't up, and it never triggered. Then I died. Then I raged over vent.

I find that the only way I can get Riot Strike to work is if is just hit my hot key for it over and over again for about a half a second. If I hit it once it will usually not go off. I haven't had it cause my later abilities to not go off but I've had Riot Strike sometimes mess up the global cooldown - it's like if you case riot strike towards the end of the global cooldown on your earlier ability the game has to wait for the riot strike animation to show before you can use another ability.

There is a huge thread in general about this and other issues. Ability Delay - they need to fix it - it is issue numero uno.

Yes, After I use riot strike, its all too often the next ability will do NOTHING, but eat ammo and go on cooldown, but.... no damage & no effect :(

After reading this, I'm glad its not just me that is having this issue. Its rare, but when it hits, it really causes me issues.