Alingnment Neutral

Gregspen

Are there any advantages to remaining neutral? I know the story changes for light and dark, as well as equipment, but is there a reason not to remain neutral?

You get to play a character that makes sense and has a personality?

Edited by ApesAmongUs

It is a much more satisfying way to play. Thankfully, they have said they will add alignment neutral gear in the future. In the meantime, I find it handy to pick up the Diplomacy mission skill, which lets you gain alignment points with the missions. That way, you can play with the decisions you want and grind out dark or lightside points to account for those decisions. It's not a perfect solution, but it's far better than the alignment systems in past Bioware games, and at least diplomacy directly supports Biochem, which is a great profession.

Are there any advantages to remaining neutral? I know the story changes for light and dark, as well as equipment, but is there a reason not to remain neutral?

Well its not as big a deal as it seems since all the Dark/Light side gear ive seen is aweful and more for social/looks then stats.

The only real things that will come up is red/blue and green color restrictions and what relics you can have equiped.

There will be grey items in the future but the devs have more issues to deal with first.

So its there as a challenge and to be unique. Plus it takes alot of work to stay neutral forcing you to choose certain story elements as much as the game force you to choose others if you want as many Light/Dark points as possible.

Reminds me of True Vagabonds from 9Dragons.