The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

want to try pyro

Cycrowave

hi guys, im itching to give pyro a try in pvp. problem is iv invested all my tokens in tanking gear. have some dupes sitting in the bank so going to start building a new set. just wondering which is the best champion set for a deep pyro build? cheers

I think probably Eliminator for the 4 piece +15% crit to Rail Shot (despite the 2 piece bonus not doing anything for a PT)

I would go Eliminator as well, but all of those Accuracy Enhancements are kind of a waste it seems. You might have to find some way to replace them with Crit/Power/Surge.

All of our PvP sets aren't itemized very well currently. Pyros having to use the obvious Merc set and miss out on the 2 piece is just a piece of the puzzle.

Edited by chainsawsamurai

I would go Eliminator as well, but all of those Accuracy Enhancements are kind of a waste it seems. You might have to find some way to replace them with Crit/Power/Surge.

i wondered about all that accuracy! thought maybe it was a necessarry evil. you have just given me a brainwave though, might give the carolina parokeet a try in my tanking gear, but swap the mods out for something more hurty :)

All of our PvP sets aren't itemized very well currently. Pyros having to use the obvious Merc set and miss out on the 2 piece is just a piece of the puzzle.

The Accuracy would still be necessary for Rail Shot, no? Isn't Rail Shot still the bulk of Pyro DPS? Or is that just perception due to how much the spec revolves around it?

The Accuracy would still be necessary for Rail Shot, no? Isn't Rail Shot still the bulk of Pyro DPS? Or is that just perception due to how much the spec revolves around it?

That is a lot of accuracy. No other damage stat but accuracy. I'm not sure how much actual accuracy you'd need to make yourself unavoidable (to nontanks).

Now that I'm thinking about it though, while that is a LOT of accuracy, you are going to be hard pressed to replace those Enhancements with ones of equal value (They're level 56 I think). Might have to suck it up, stack the Accuracy and try to get as much other damage stats from other slots as possible somehow.

PvP gear doesn't seem to be the answer though. If I recall the best option on the nonset pieces is Power, which doesn't seem to provide as much of an increase as Crit or Surge (Surge perhaps more so with the 15% crit on Rail Shot from the 4 piece).

I give up. My head is swimming from all of the research and testing I've been doing the last couple of days trying to figure out a rhyme or reason behind how mitigation works in this damned game. I can't even think straight anymore. If I had a damn combat log and parser I could have wrapped all of this up with an hour of testing and then some research on TORhead.

Everything has tons and tons of accuracy, get used to it. Endgame PvE and PvP gear is loaded with it. It's Bioware's way of saying "We like to give the appearance that all your gear has lots of stats, but a ton of it is mostly wasted unless fighting tanks because otherwise you'd all be OP." Instead of designing better geat they just decided to fluff it all up with accuracy. I'm in full champ/rakata gear and I have 111% accuracy. If you don't want accuracy on your gear then you won't be wearing much epic gear at all, because nearly all of it is loaded with accuracy.

Eliminator is the only set you'll want as Pyrotech. There's really no debate here. As Pyrotech a massive amount of your damage is RS because you rotate it so often. +15% crit chance helps immensely.

Edited by Mhak