Major problem with PvP Warzones

Exavor

I've noticed quite a major flaw in the way the mechanics work in PvP warzones. (Huttball in particular) This may have been mentioned before but as there isn't a search feature (other than Google), please do forgive!

Today we won a round of Huttball. (6/0) I scored 50% of the goals (3). I was expecting to be rewarded for all the effort but at the end of the game, I noticed that I was nearly at the bottom of the scoreboard!

Meanwhile, those who decided to go round and do as much damage as possible (instead of defending the ball handlers) ended up at the top of the scoreboard!

How is this right? It's basically the same as awarding points to football/soccer players based on how many tackles they've done instead of how many goals they've scored. That's would just be ridiculous!

Edited by Exavor

I agree 100%. Give less medals for damage and more medals for mission objectives.

For instance, in Huttball:

1 Medal for scoring with the ball

1 Medal for assists (having the ball on the current scoring play, but passing it to someone else)

1 Medal for contributing to the kill of an opposing ball carrier.

1 Medal for healing the ball carrier a significant amount.

No other medals awarded.

That would go a long way to getting people to play the game instead of just try to kill each other over and over. I have played many games where everyone just killed everyone else over and over, and it has gotten very boring. Having an interesting game to play is fun, but sucks when only a few people are participating in the game, while everyone else just tries to do as much damage, regardless of who has the ball.

I've noticed quite a major flaw in the way the mechanics work in PvP warzones. (Huttball in particular) This may have been mentioned before but as there isn't a search feature (other than Google), please do forgive!

Today we won a round of Huttball. (6/0) I scored 50% of the goals (3). I was expecting to be rewarded for all the effort but at the end of the game, I noticed that I was nearly at the bottom of the scoreboard!

Meanwhile, those who decided to go round and do as much damage as possible (instead of defending the ball handlers) ended up at the top of the scoreboard!

How is this right? It's basically the same as awarding points to football/soccer players based on how many tackles they've done instead of how many goals they've scored. That's would just be ridiculous!

Not quite true. As a jedi shadow, when I guard the ball handler, my medals are sky high. Now the ball carrier might get shafted, but I've never scored a touchdown, cause I always get nuked right after I magically get the ball.

I mentioned something like this, where someone who caps a point or scores a point should get a medal and I was presented with a good counterpoint.

If you award medals for these things it could prove to be detrimental in the long run.

People might not pass as much in Huttball because they want to score themselves for the medal and end up getting killed.

When it comes to capping points people might want to cover as much and everyone will try to be the person that caps.

You should just accept that winning is a big enough reward that you shouldnt worry about people who get more medals than you if its a win.

The major flaw here is that you have Huttball and PVP in the same sentence.

When i sign up for warzones, I wanna hit stuff in the face. I don't wanna toss some ball around carrying it over someones goal line.

Given, I do try to win the match, but I very much prefer to just destroy whoever is in front of me. Ballcarrier or not.

The major flaw here is that you have Huttball and PVP in the same sentence.

When i sign up for warzones, I wanna hit stuff in the face. I don't wanna toss some ball around carrying it over someones goal line.

Given, I do try to win the match, but I very much prefer to just destroy whoever is in front of me. Ballcarrier or not.

So youre bad at Huttball then? Its really not hard to PvP while still playing the objective in huttball. DPS and heals are needed just as much as any other match.

It just causes people to play smart and focus targets when needed. Some people are not capable of using situation awareness to determine what they do. They must DPS the closest person to them at all times.

Its a PVP game. PVP means killing. When i say PVP instead of PVE, i mean killing players...

If u dont like the killing and care only about the ball and win, go play Pro Evulotion Soccer 2012.

If they make the changes you suggest. Warzones will become like ilum... "Ok, let us score 5 goals, then u score 5 goals too...everyones happy"

Ilum is 100% objectives now, 0% pvp killing..

Edited by unicornfive

Its a PVP game. PVP means killing. When i say PVP instead of PVE, i mean killing players...

If u dont like the killing and care only about the ball and win, go play Pro Evulotion Soccer 2012.

If they make the changes you suggest. Warzones will become like ilum... "Ok, let us score 5 goals, then u score 5 goals too...everyones happy"

Ilum is 100% objectives now, 0% pvp killing..

Player vs. Player does not have to be all about killing. For example, football/soccer is player vs player yet they don't kill each other! The fact is that there isn't a definition that categorically states that PvP must be all about kills! Besides, it is quite obvious that the idea of Huttball was focused around objectives. (in the same way that football is) It is not intended to be a deathmatch although it's clear that many people would prefer that type of gameplay. However, that's for another thread. This thread is about making the scoreboard fairer for people who complete objectives. (which is what Huttball is largely about whether people like it or not.)

Edited by Exavor

No one should get a medal for scoring in Huttball.

You should however get points for the objective of scoring... that is what you get for scoring... objective points.

You get Objective points for grabbing the Ball.

You get objective points for killing anyone in the scoring zone.

You get objective points for healing, shielding, guarding the ball carrier.

You get objective points for killing the ball carrier

You get medals when you reach caps of objective points, specific caps of doing damage, heal guard and so on and when players vote. But fr scoring no medal should be given, other wise you have just Inqs and sages playing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.